forget 92 boostedteg

newkid

hello everyone. that 92boostedteg was my brother trying to help. like that did any good. ok well i have a 92 integra. iv had a few problems with it. first of all the return line for my t3t4 turbo fell off and the oil pressure gauge i thought worked but apparently not. i sent the rod threw the block. i found a new motor(b18a1). and because i allready had the motor out i replaced the timing belt and the tensioner. i put the motor in and set the timing. it fired right up i ajusted the timing. i took off down the road feeling very proud of my self well then it stoped runing. i looked and looked and noticed the timing was off??? i ajusted it back started up again well if ill be damned bout ten min later it did it again. well this time the cam locked up. i replaced the head( i pulled the one off my other motor) replaced the gasket(of course). well it ran a little longer this time. i checked the timing, it jumped again. so i got irratated and said f it. im tired of workn on this car i love it and i want to get it fixed. one of u suggested the oil pump. i dont think it has an oil pump. im not sure why the cames keep looking up. its only the intake cam not the exhast cam. im confused so any help will be apretiated. thx. and if some one says google it im ganna scream. :guns::worthy:

Rich-PMS

See, this is a valid question. You state what you have tried, clearly looking for advise not asking a broad question.

Could you have a fault tensioner possibly?

newkid

im not sure i torqed it to specs and every thing(40 ftlbs). my uncle helped me and he is a damn good mecanic(yes he is afc or what ever you call it certifited). do you no were the oil pump is located. i looked at the parts stores and they cant even get an oil pump for my car so do i even have one. im lost with this build.

mirrorimg

The oil pump is located at the lower sprocket that your timing belt goes over. You need to pull of the crank pulley and oil pan to take it out.

blaketeg

I <3 Boost
did you tension the belt correctly? could be a bad tensioner

only thing i can think of

and you can get a oil pump on ebay for cheap

newkid

thanks for the info. do u no were i can get one. i looked at the local part stores but cant find one. do i need a up graded on because i have a turbo? its a t3t4 .50. i dont no if that matters.

newkid

this sounds like a pain in the ass. do u recomind i take the motor out or do i have enuf room to pull it out from the bottom. i tryed to breck the bottom pully lose with the motor in and it just kept spinin. i put it in gear and it still spune. i had my uncle hold the break and it still spun got any ideas.

mirrorimg

Crank pulley tool.

It will be a pain in the ass with it in, but it may take you longer to pull the motor,do it, then out the motor back in.. OEM will be fine, I dont even think there is an "upgrade" available.

newkid

you r fuckn amazing i guess when i get paid ill have to get one of those niffty tools. i can get them off ebay i assume. thanks a lot. i read ur thred (mirrorimg) and ur oil pump was like 150. y so much???

mirrorimg

you r fuckn amazing i guess when i get paid ill have to get one of those niffty tools. i can get them off ebay i assume. thanks a lot. i read ur thred (mirrorimg) and ur oil pump was like 150. y so much???
I bought it OEM. You can actually replace the internals of the oil pump (2 sprockets, a spring, and a shim) for much cheaper. If I had known that before I bought mine I would have done it that way. The tool is about 15 or 25 dollars, and can be had online, probably ebay. Not quite sure where I purchased mine, but it was on the internet.

impact gun always got them off for me.
That would depend on how strong your impact is.

I bought a 450ft/lb 1/2" gun (or maybe it was 300) from home depot when I did mine and it didnt budge. I returned it and bought the pulley tool. If you get a 3/4" impact, it isnt going to be cheap, and if you dont plan on using it often, I dont see a benefit in having it (considering the cost).

But air tools are always fun :)