Front Bumper Conversion 1990- 92/93

arimahmad

Kinda, sorta smashed the front of my teg......... :shock: haha just bumped a guard rail, and my bumper is totally gone...

So I have to fix the hood and bumper, I thought while im at it I should Convert my 1990 bumper to a 1992/1993 bumper!

Any advice from anyone who has done it? or any other links? I found this one but it is a little hard for me to read.... http://forums.g2ic.com/tegtips/exterior/13.html

I am going to the junk yard with my bro to pick up a bumper. And advice on how to take off bumper?

Thanks!!

eiznekeM

Pick up a haynes manual, easy step by step stuff. It's really quite simple. And the 92/93 bumper cover has the support built into it, bolts in the same, the 90/91 bumper cover and support are seperate.

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
take out your old bumper lights, unscrew the bolt you will see in there. Old bumper should basically come off. There are a few additional screws to take off I believe, but just unscrew what ever is holding it on. Do the same for what ever car you are getting the 92/93 bumper from. Reverse process to install. You should have a total of 4 pieces (5 if you include the foam) that you get with the 92/93 bumper. The bumper cover (plastic thing everyone sees), bumper support (metal piece that the cover sits on), and two brackets. All four pieces are different from the 90/91 and are necessary