front right wheel noise

lukystriker

whenever i drive my front right wheel/area sounds like its a bad wheel bearing but whenever i let off the gas it stops. when its in neutral and i hit the gas there is no noise. i would say wheel bearing but only when i hit the gas? i have tried searching and no luck. someone help

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Hey, probably a wheel bearing. My teg is having similar issues. It is a lot louder with the gas too but I have tried lots of things and nothing else is fixing in. A couple things you might try is tightening the axle nut, and bending the brake dust cover out a bit and see if either of those help. Good luck

eiznekeM

Could be the inner CV race. A bearing noise will become more/less noticable (depending on direction) while turning the car gently, ie lane changes.

eiznekeM

Or another thing it could be is the axle spline to the hub is worn out, then when you're on the coast side the load is taken off.

Lift the front wheels off the ground. Put your hands at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions. Try moving the wheel in and out. If there is play then the wheel bearing is bad.