fuel injector cleaner

seahtech

No. I have seen this cause soooo many unitended issues at work. It can actually cause your o2 sensors to fail due to increased temps, misfires, pinging etc.

You know those commercials where you here Chevron with Techron or Shell and there 'nitrogen enriched' fuel formula. What they are really saying is that there fuel has additives in it that clean on the injectors and misc 'gunk'.

It is not needed. Buy fuel from the 'top tier fuel' companies and you'll be fine!

B16aDATeG

Yes I recommend seafoam just add it to your gas, and the reason I recommend it is ethanol it leaves a varnish on the fuel system and is also corrosive on the fuel system... you can thank our government for it

Surferman

Yes I recommend seafoam just add it to your gas, and the reason I recommend it is ethanol it leaves a varnish on the fuel system and is also corrosive on the fuel system... you can thank our government for it
I've been recently looking this up.. I came across this website: http://pure-gas.org/
It tells you were to buy non ethanol gas. I drove a extra 10 miles the other day just to try it out . Heard you get better h has millage With it too.testing it now.

emd513

If your just wanting to keep it cleaned use Lucas. Its a petroleum base instead of the kerosene base junk most use. Will help prevent your seals from drying out in your fuel pump and injectors while giving a good clean and pulling water out. Sea foam i use maybe once a year. Buy I half and half.(explanation) pour half the bottle in your tank with it full of gas. Start it and pull the brake booster hose off and put it down in the bottle a little at a time while you keep the rpms up to around 2k.( this will cause a shit tone of smoke where you think the car is on fire.)LOL. it is a fogger system you will clean all the carbon off the pistons and valves and get the gunk out of most of the intake and find any exhaust leaks while your at it. Takes about ten miles for the car to stop smoking but is definitely worth it. Oh and I have done this better part of a 100 times. Did it in a garage I worked at for customers. The only reason people have issues after using cleaners is because crap was keeping them from working properly in the first place and now since it can work right the equipment will not function properly anymore. If you have a cel light come on wait two days a reset it then you will know for sure if something really needs to be replaced or if it was from the cleaning throwing off the read outs.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Its much better to remove the injectors and have them professionally cleaned. I can have a set of 4 cleaned for $60. They are sonic cleaned and flow balanced with a flow sheet. No magic fuel additive is going to be as effective.

emd513

Its much better to remove the injectors and have them professionally cleaned. I can have a set of 4 cleaned for $60. They are sonic cleaned and flow balanced with a flow sheet. No magic fuel additive is going to be as effective.
Your absolutely correct. But why not prevent them from getting to that point as much as possible. Say you do it every year. Run Lucas in it and will get you lasting 20 months or two years. (Just bull shit numbers) it is much better to have them pulled and cleaned professionally but I'm not going to have mine done unless there aftermarket.

drevans_satx

Dylan
I used a fuel system cleaner about 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice anything different....maybe my fuel system was clean. IDK.

It was on sale for 1.50 so why the hell not. It didn't hurt my wallet too much.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Corrosive? technically yes, but it takes 10+ years for unprotected metal to corrode. Its not pure ethanol. We're talking only 10-15%, nothing to panic about. Ethanol has been used as an additve for over a decade so if you dont have an issue you probably wont.
Leaves a Varnish? Absolutely not. Ethanol has excellent cleaning properties. Ethanol is often blamed for gumming up the fuel system from cleaning the deposites left from years of gasoline.

I've been recently looking this up.. I came across this website: http://pure-gas.org/
It tells you were to buy non ethanol gas. I drove a extra 10 miles the other day just to try it out . Heard you get better h has millage With it too.testing it now.
You will absolutely get better gas mileage due to the abscence of the lower energy density of ethanol but will the slight bump outweigh the extra distance/time to fill up?

g3teg97

Super Moderator
I used a fuel system cleaner about 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice anything different....maybe my fuel system was clean. IDK.

It was on sale for 1.50 so why the hell not. It didn't hurt my wallet too much.
I've done the same. I don't need premium fuel so every once in a while run a higher grade. Probably not need through, but I don't have any evidence that proves or disproves it.

emd513

The cheap stuff never does anything for me. Some time you notice others tines you don't. Depends on if your system was dirty or not

boosted18

BLACK ROGUE
yes I use octain booster 108. it cleans ur fuel system and for me it notice a change in my car. it smoothen out my idle and quicker throttle response and also my car starts faster lol try it