Fuel Problem Please Help!

Mazda<Acura

So i got my acura a couple days ago, first acura...fell in love with it..until i started watching the gas meter...now from what i heard, teggys aren't to bad with gas.
I got the car with the meter reading E but no gas light on...and the car still started up and ran...I put in 20 bucks of gas around 1/2 tank. The next day i went to school and back (around a 12 mile trip round) and the meter read i had almost no gas left...which really confused me, so i thought maybe if i fill it up all the way it'll stop doing that...nope next day i went to school and back got home and i was reading a lil bit below 3/4 tank...the car i had before this (mazda 626 lx) went 2 weeks without needing to fill up ._.
The light for the low fuel has yet to come on, so im guessing that the tank has more gas in it then the meter is reading...:shock:
Please help guys, living in OK everythings far apart i cant afford that much gasxD
btw its a 2001 bone stock integra GS

bassm

I'm actually having this same problem atm. Either these things drink gas or our gauges are messed up. Having the same problem with the gas list also. xD

BankiBoi

With good tune up and oil change I can do 70 MPH and only use 1/4 for over 100 miles and I live in the mountains!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Mazda<Acura

Its insane! i dont know if i can keep this much gas goin!
i changed the oil and got a tune up...idk hopefully its a guage thing,

johnnymass

Is your check engine light on? Is that car sputtering? Is there black smoke out the tail pipe at idle or under acceleration?

Give us some more information about and driveability problems or oddities. It'll help to narrow down what help we respond with.

With the info provided, I'm suggesting you check for a fuel leak.

A better way to measure mileage is to fill up your car, run however far, and then fill back up, stopping when the pump clicks off. Then bust out the calc and divide miles driven by gallons filled up with/used. It's more accurate than saying gauge went this far down when it was this full.

It could just be a wildly fluctuating sending unit and not a mileage problem at all.