fuel pump price

Trix

im wondering if there is any place besides the local parts store where i can get a fuel pump for my 91 DA and not spend 200 bucks on one, when the car is almost older then me lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Or click the club integra store, we have them here for like 80 shipped. and if its stock to mild build, its $75 for the 190lph one. Jay Jay used the 190 on his turbo civic

Trix

i was wondering about the kit also unless thats what you guys are talking about and do i have to get the big strainer? or what the hell does the strainer do?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
if you just need the strainer its a sack thing and you can get that from Honda/acura.

emd513

Doesn't matter the size of the strainer. Just need one to protect the pump from getting any particles in it. The filter will keep fine dirt from the injectors.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Trix

does the strainer go around the fuel pump or does it just connect to the bottom, since im learning as i go since the teggy ran alot better then my civic besides the speedo cable lol thats next on my list

Trix

ok cool guys just thought it would go around the entire pump to keep it clean but now i know thanks alot, but is my link a good choice or pump?

Trix

sweet guys fuel pump is ordered as of 5 seconds ago lol now the fun part with begin to install it and hopefully that will fix the problem

but what are the symptoms of a bad fuel pump?? would one of them be the car bogging down when you press the gas?

Trix

would it be a good idea if i was to remove the old fuel pump right now and when the new one comes in i can just install it right there?

TegraTiger

Bogged?

sweet guys fuel pump is ordered as of 5 seconds ago lol now the fun part with begin to install it and hopefully that will fix the problem

but what are the symptoms of a bad fuel pump?? would one of them be the car bogging down when you press the gas?
From my experience, if it idles smooth but bogs down when gas pedal is stomped on, that's your timing. You need to re-time the beast.

Check this thread and download a repair manual before Jan 30. You'll thank me later. 8)

As for doing your own repairs, go slow, don't jump too far ahead of "steps". I wouldn't go near that fuel pump (inside the fuel tank underneath the rear seat) UNTIL the new one is in your hands, because you never know something could go wrong and you'll need the new part anyways. Instead, READ as much about the repair you need to do BEFORE you do anything.

Good luck.