fuel question fuck mid grade

Cripton805

We aint talking about Celica's, we talking about Integras. "you may substitute an unleaded regular gasoline. The engine will compensate for the lower octane, but you may notice a slight decrease in power as a result" -Owners Manual
I will quote the handbook too later when I get home...
In a previous post you said about the marvels of engines "BLAH". Which was a pretty wide statement. The Celica GTS has compression of 11:5 or something.
Once again, after numerous times. It should be used as last resort option. I NEVER said it could not be used.

Sometimes even using cheap gas companies even when I use 91 octane it feels like s***.
I have never had a problem with Chevron, Shell, Mobil, etc...

Edit: Accident

Last edited:

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
Where I live, the difference between the next grade up is just 10 cents, thats it. Thats pretty typical for the whole US. We've got it pretty good here compared to the rest of the world

cheapskates

Cripton805

Where I live, the difference between the next grade up is just 10 cents, thats it. Thats pretty typical for the whole US. We've got it pretty good here compared to the rest of the world
What's the octane rating? Some parts of the world regular is already 93 octane and goes past 100

eiznekeM

Part of what Jackal said was true and part wasn't.
What he said about the timing and knock sensor was true, but he was wrong about using it on a regular basis. I want to see where Honda mentions that anywhere. My booklet says emergencies. Only and last resort.

ONCE AGAIN I REPEAT, JDM B18C HAVE NO KNOCK SENSOR.
If you use low octane gas, you will hear some knocking and you might f*** your s*** up.

The reason might be that even their low octane isnt really that low in Japan.
This would be interesting to know if their refining process is different because of their auto industy over there. The oil mostly comes from the U.S. and Canada, so I vonder... Very intriguing.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
What's the octane rating? Some parts of the world regular is already 93 octane and goes past 100
I dont know, I was looking for a different picture I saw before but cant find it. Regardless, we do have it pretty good here, and I find it funny when someone trades in their car because it uses premium and that its having too big of an impact on their life.. Like my brother with his Mercedes.. Traded it in for a Toyota :roll:

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
We have a place nearby that sells I believe 105 octane and you can get it with lead too. I know some tuners that buy that stuff. That place is small though and kinda random, cant get anything over 91octane anywhere close to where I live.