fuel spraying from fuel rail/injector

natt2000

so i just spent the last 14 hours putting my new motor in. i go to start it up, turn the fuel pump on, and fuel is spraying out from where the injector connects into the fuel rail. my question is, is the the fuel injector o-rings? or a regulator problem?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Do you have the fuel rail bolted down? I know it sounds dumb but chances are if all 4 are spraying fuel out its not bolted down enough.

natt2000

yes. no matter how tight i tighten the fuel rail, it still sprays. there are only 3 bolts that are on the far side of the rail correct? and the red plastic stopper goes under the rail?

Prozon

Kris
Make sure that you have the rail down all the way. It might take a little bit of wiggling on the fuel injectors to get them to seat.
Turn them back and fourth while pushing the fuel rail down. Make sure the nuts are tight then if it's still leaking pull the injectors and change the o-rings on them.

cborden

Jesus is THE way
definitly check those o rings thats exactly what mine did

natt2000

definitly check those o rings thats exactly what mine did
all four of yours leaked? mine is leaking very fast. about as fast as if you took a water bottle, poked a hole in the cap with a pen, and then stood on the bottle. how would i check the pressure?

cborden

Jesus is THE way
yea two or three i was fuckin w/ it so i got in trouble but just check em just to rule it out

Prozon

Kris
Natt, if its leaking don't bother checking the pressure. Just pull them and change the o-rings or do what I suggested.

Cripton805

DUDE... Make sure to clean up the fuel before you even attempt to re-start the engine!

I'm sure you already know that. Wouldn't want you to get hurt ;)

SnD3

Definitely bad rings. I don't know if you paintball, but something similar happens to the O rings on a paintball gun, primarily around the bolt, which is the piece that fires the balls from the barrel. One bad ring, and air leaks out the barrel, which is a waste, and pretty much the same situation. I would change those, if that doesn't work, try the next size up. By that, I mean go to the next thickness of O ring you can get, it should help the leaking issue! Good luck!

acura1

No you want to go a little smaller ok but with the same thickness, mine is doing the same thing. Cylinder #1 is leaking ive changed the o ring, but it hard to get it back up in the fuel rail. also if it get's pinched it will not seal right so be carefull when putting it back into the fuel rail.

Prozon

Kris
You do realize that this thread is getting old right? I'd hope his injectors aren't still leaking..

Regardless, you shouldn't size up OR size down.. you should get the correct size and put a little fuel on the o-ring to help it slide in better.

Or spit... :thumbs up