fuel usage

emd513

ok since i got my car i have only been able to use 9 gallons of gas and when im there i shut off in turns and when im stoping. now i have put a new fuel filter, fuel pump about 6 months before i got it adjustable fpr. it has a new o2 sensor but im still throwing the code that its out header with 2" exhaust straight back and a cold air intake. i have pulled the tank out twice seeing if the pump was set right and it looks normal. my needle on my gauge only gos to a little over a quarter tank when im having to fuel up. is this normal. also when i pulled the tank there was still like 3 to 4 gallons still in it.its driving me crazy

emd513

i thought it might be the gauge till it used only 9 out of the 13 gallons. im going to test it right now

emd513

ok i tested it and i im pretty sure i did it just like the book said. the messurements are suppose to be 2 to 5 ohms at full 25.5 to 39.5 half and 105 11o on empty. im getting a steady 150 to 170 on one set of post and on the other its a steady 52 to 55. so im pretty sure its the sending unit right.

emd513

now my only problem is finding one thats not used. no part store has it. unless i buy the pump to and there pic shows it as one piece

mirrorimg

Have you tried searching online? I usually get my replacement parts, if I dont need them immediately, from RockAuto.com. Sometimes I also use Partstrain.com if I cant find it at the first site.

emd513

I looked at rock and they have only the pump setup. everyone i look at is just the mount an fuel pump. i cant find anyone that carrys the one under the seat at all.