funciton & form type 1s

so i bought function & form type 1 coilovers for my car. i took it to a shop to get them put on & the guy says that they are about 4 inches shorter than the stock struts. Are they supposed to be like that, or did weksos send me the wrong ones. i'm a noob at this stuff..

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
they are ment to be lower. Skunk2 struts for instance are shorter than the OEM struts. its so the coilover rebound can cope with the ride being lowered without blowing a seal or something.

i wanted to raise my car a little for the winter & he says the coilovers at the highest, will be at the same height as my car is now.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Function Form may make a shorter version for our vehicles, Megan does for the NA Miata. Im not too keen on function form because i think they should just be called "just form"

rnhib25

ricer all day
he prolly didnt know what he was doing.

just tell him to take it off and turn the bottom so it could go the the higest setting for all 4.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
he prolly didnt know what he was doing.

just tell him to take it off and turn the bottom so it could go the the higest setting for all 4.
x2 oh yeah i forgot there should be some coil left in the bottom of the coilover, manufacturers usually save about half an inch in there

JGvtec

When you get new coils they come at the lower setting new in box I thought?

it won't be done until tomorrow now. i took my car to my mom's mechanic & he's telling my her that he's going to put accord struts on my car for the winter -___- .......she thinks my car being this low is stupid & fails to listen to me when i tell her otherwise. but with these coilovers, i wanted to make sure my wheels weren't tucking as much.....is it even possible with these, cause now i'm all confused..

whitedc4

jordan nope.

they're super easy to install... i did mine in like 2 and a half hours? i think and that was with having seizing problems and washers disappearing having to run to salvage yard twice to grab them.

if you could just jack up your car im sure a boyfriend of someone could do it easily..

rebecca = yeah. you can raise ur fronts up SUPER high... and your rear you can have sitting just above a 16'' with 45 series tire.... i had them

rnhib25

ricer all day
it won't be done until tomorrow now. i took my car to my mom's mechanic & he's telling my her that he's going to put accord struts on my car for the winter -___- .......she thinks my car being this low is stupid & fails to listen to me when i tell her otherwise. but with these coilovers, i wanted to make sure my wheels weren't tucking as much.....is it even possible with these, cause now i'm all confused..
accords struts wouldnt work?

just tell him to put it back to normal and go somewhere else where they know what they are doing.

you could adjust your coilovers to the highest so you could be safe for winter.

dc2_524

guy must be an idiot. i owned a pair of those coil overs when they first came out and the height is adjusted by the bottom piece.