Function & Form coils?!?

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
I was planning on getting some F&F type 1 coils. I just wanted some feedback from anyone that might have them or knows anyone that does. What pros and cons should I know about before investing and how is the comfort in the ride. Thanks.

poordc2

i know my feedback won't be all that great but hey its just a feedback.....the pricing is good for the quality of the coilover but it really depends on what you buying it for....i have a set of tein flex with the damper kit and it cost me over 1500 but i alot of touge....track and i love on and off ramps so these coilover are for me.....but function & form is really not my cup of tea but they are good coilover for the price so go ahead and get them..

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i think theyre good, but if you have the money id look for some stiffer spring rates if you plan on riding around slammed. mine are almost too bouncy to ride this low.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Yeah I wont be doing any track with it. I read up on the type 1 and 2 and I know the 2 was more geared towards the track. This is my dd and I just wanted it dropped to where the front and rear tires are like perfectly flush with the fenders. I got it with h&r springs but its not low enough and ive heard enough about cutting springs messing with the comfort of everything. Thanks for the input ive gotten so far.

tegglyfe

So Fresh and So Clean
Coils would be new to me tho. I had a car that was on spring but I like being able to adjust. Can you explain the spring rate you are talking about? Is that something im able to adjust after I get them?

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
Coils would be new to me tho. I had a car that was on spring but I like being able to adjust. Can you explain the spring rate you are talking about? Is that something im able to adjust after I get them?
the type 2s you can, spring rates essentially just tell you how stiff they are. lower = softer, more DD of a ride, higher = stiffer and less bounce aka bottoming out if your low low

someone correct me if im wrong, im learning also. but im like 90%

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
ive heard nothing but good things about the F&F coilovers. i think for the dd they should be ok. wouldnt recommend them for track.

Cripton805

Search around. I'd just go with the type2s if I you have the cash. Dampering is nice and isn't unreasonably expensive. Maybe around $200 more. It's not much when you think about what you're getting.

Robbdance

Straight Pipes
Search around. I'd just go with the type2s if I you have the cash. Dampering is nice and isn't unreasonably expensive. Maybe around $200 more. It's not much when you think about what you're getting.
100% Agreed.
By the time you order them, get them in, replace parts if you have to, you'll sit there and go "hell, I may as well have just ordered the other ones instead." Sometimes you have to bite the bullet on the price tag, but in the end you'll get a better experience out of them - especially if you ever decide to do any track, autox, or anything of the like.

sixThreeSiX

No thread jacking here. When you order the FF, do they give you the option for spring rates? I am coming from a Cadillac where a luxurious ride is needed? Wondering if they would possibly come close (Knowing I am driving a 2 door sports coupe that requires a little bit of a stiffer suspension). I really like the FF but want that luxury feel.