Funny noise from engine

khiyasu

Hi guys,

Just noticed when my car is at idle, it makes a slight weird noise. Noise goes away when I step on the clutch. Not sure how to describe it - not rattling, not growling. Not sure what caused this, maybe because i drove in a lot of snow today. Could it be possible that snow got into the engine or something like that?

Also, when driving, sometimes when I gear up to 3rd gear, the gear does not catch and i'll have to step on the clutch and push it back up to 3rd. It rarely happens but happens more often when I'm gearing down from 4th to 3rd. What could be the problem? Transmission? Clutch? What should I do?

thanks guys

khiyasu

i'm not sure. i've only had this car for about 2-3 months? it has a short shifter but i'm not sure about the flywheel or clutch...

rexpepper123

could be a cheap after market clutch or flywheel ive heard of them making weird chattering noises before

khiyasu

ok. it could be. that would make sense too cause i do get weird noises sometimes. i'll see tomorrow. hopefully the noise is not there anymore.

what are some good brands for aftermarket clutch and flywheel? preferably something affordable and good value.

thanks

rexpepper123

mine used to do the same thing make weird noises when the clutch wasnt in at a stop light or idle. your shifter not going in on the first attempt sometimes ive noticed happens alot ive read alot of things on this site about that being some what normal. as for clutch and flywheels im not to sure check out the sites store or do a search on here and see what most people are using

khiyasu

i dont have problems when going to first gear. sometimes going to reverse but thats no biggie. the only thing that annoys me is going to 3rd gear. doesnt happen all that often but still annoying. would that be the clutch problem?

btw, the sound is not there anymore at idle..

khiyasu

noise it back again when not stepping on clutch but now you can hear it on 1st and 2nd gear too. it goes away on 3rd gear. is that from the flywheel/clutch?

Last edited: