fuse box removal

krisx13

Schweet.
can somebody pleeeease tell me how to completely remove the friggin fuse box? im trying to get to the icu so i can take a look at it and possibly fix it. ive managed to get the whole thing loose but my question is, do i have to unclip all those wires? ive already managed to get a few undone and the rest seem impossible to remove. i just want to make sure im not doing more work than i need to

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I just did a little searching since i don't have a 2nd gen, but it does sound like you need to disconnect all the wires. I was hoping to find a writeup, but i failed, lol...

krisx13

Schweet.
I just did a little searching since i don't have a 2nd gen, but it does sound like you need to disconnect all the wires. I was hoping to find a writeup, but i failed, lol...
yeah i can't seem to find a write up either. all i can find is "disconnect the fuse box" lol
although i did find that some guy managed to squeeze his hand under it near the bottom and got the icu unhooked without undoing all the wires...i may try this tomorrow. ive given up for now

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I saw that too, was he the guy that said he was super skinny?

krisx13

Schweet.

success

...now how do i know it's bad? im thinking maybe i should just buy a new one since i don't have the tools or the know-how to fix it..sigh

also, am i able to drive without this thing?

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Some of the writeups made it sound like you would visibly see an issue. Otherwise, do you have an ohm meter? If not, and you don't see an obvious issue, there's probably not much more you can do. You would also need a soldering gun.

I have no idea if you can drive without it. Only one way to find out, lol...

krisx13

Schweet.
thanks, thats the post ive been looking at as well. i called honda and they can get me an aftermarket one for $150 (honda discontinued them). ...is it worth it? uuuugggghhhhh

krisx13

Schweet.
went to a junkyard, got another ICU (for free!), plugged it back in, nothing changed. so fuck it, im gonna take it to a shop and they can fix all my electrical issues. ive had enough of this crap

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
That sucks :( I hate doing a job that's a pain and having it not change anything. I hope they get it squared away for you! Sorry I don't have any more advice...