gas coming out of exhaust = ?

soccerfreakva

ive got a 94 ls and right now it consistently spits a liittle gas out of the exhaust. what could be goin on?
(the gas is liquid, not smoke)

soccerfreakva

I mean, i was on the ground with the exhaust right in my face and i was gettin hit by a liquid that smelt like gas.

soccerfreakva

could it possibly make it through all of that, maybe a spark plug or somethin isnt firing and burning all the fuel? Could that be it? I would think everything would get burnt up before it reaches the exhaust though.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
your exhaust naturally smells like burnt gas, so you say its raw fuel?

soccerfreakva

From what i experienced, i think its raw fuel. Ill check again when i get home. but if it is raw fuel, do you know what could cause that?

Hunter1208

Integralove
If one of your spark plugs isn't working it wouldn't burn the fuel but your exhaust system gets so hot it should burn up....
I would think it's vapor that smells like gas cause yourcat converts HC and emisions into water vapor and CM

ewall09

Try sitting in your garage with a hose running from your exhaust into a slightly cracked window while the car is on.
It may take a while to find out if it's gas so you might want to take a nap :)

SnowD

Honda cars of Plano sales
Sorry to bring up and old thread but i have this same problem. Could it be that since i don't have a cat gas isn't getting burned? I thought that gas was supposed to burn as soon as is leaves the motor. any help?