Gas consumption!

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Does anyone know how much gas our car consumes at idle. Like if i i just leave it running. Like an gallon and hour or what? Thanks!

jznsn2u

I wouldn't recommend leaving your car idle for a long time, you'll build up carbon and your internals will have that dark ugly smog on the pistons when you open your engine up. I doubt anyone would want to test it out though :x

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
I wouldn't recommend leaving your car idle for a long time, you'll build up carbon and your internals will have that dark ugly smog on the pistons when you open your engine up. I doubt anyone would want to test it out though :x
Ohhh ok... Im going to a drive in tonight and was thinking about leavin my car on so that the sound quality is better. Guess its not a good idea lol.

j13

Keep It Clean
Shops have special cleaners for vavle/seat ect, running a car on the freeway will burn all the slug on the top of the pistonts.

It takes many years of stop-and-go hot traffic driving to create "Carbon Build Up" not letting your car idle for 3hrs.

jznsn2u

Ohhh ok... Im going to a drive in tonight and was thinking about leavin my car on so that the sound quality is better. Guess its not a good idea lol.
Sound quality? huh?

Shops have special cleaners for vavle/seat ect, running a car on the freeway will burn all the slug on the top of the pistonts.
It takes many years of stop-and-go hot traffic driving to create "Carbon Build Up" not letting your car idle for 3hrs.
Carbon build up is inevitable, its going to build up either way. I just personally wouldn't let my car idle for that long. It all adds up. Also, whats the point of leaving your car on if you're not going anywhere o_o. for 3 hours.

Ermworld

M to the E
You go to a drive-in and they give you a radio signal you tune into and watch the movie. If your going to a drive in wouldn't the sound quality be better without the sound of the engine? Like whats having your car running going to do to your sound system? All you would be doing is wasting gas and money.

Greddy FLIP

Turbos cause DETONATION
just turn ur car off dude and save some gas, thats not really necessary to leave it on unless it was a big8 camd

dc2darkness

all u gotta do is turn your key to the accesory or acc as labeled and tune your radio to the frequency that the drive in gives you. car doesn't have to be running.

j13

Keep It Clean
I have no clue what you guys are talking about..I'm at a total lost with this thread....good luck with your problem

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
Youre an idiot who needs to learn how to read. Where else would you drive in and leave your car running, a garage?
What? No i was just saying because if my car isnt running, the sound quality is decent. But when my car is running. The sound quality is a lot better. Thats why i asked. And also cause i thought my battery might die. We went last night and i didnt have the car running, it sounded decent still though and battery didnt die. Its all good :)

j13

Keep It Clean
What? No i was just saying because if my car isnt running, the sound quality is decent. But when my car is running. The sound quality is a lot better. Thats why i asked. And also cause i thought my battery might die. We went last night and i didnt have the car running, it sounded decent still though and battery didnt die. Its all good :)
Your car has a charging system that charges your battery while it is running.