Gas Door Problem

tucents

hey guys,

ive been trying to figure out why, whenever i pull up on the gas cable to open the gas door, i seem to hear it dislatch, but the problem is that the door is still stuck closed, it feels like its still caught on somehting?

Can someone help me out please?

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
hey guys,

ive been trying to figure out why, whenever i pull up on the gas cable to open the gas door, i seem to hear it dislatch, but the problem is that the door is still stuck closed, it feels like its still caught on somehting?

Can someone help me out please?
Have someone pull the lever and gently pull at the door. May not be fully releasing.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
you need to bend the bracket that holds the gas door to car, its just the matter or trial and error, it happened to me before.

TwoCamSam

It's one of 3 things:
1.) bracket that holds it closed like slickwhiteguy said.
2.) The cable (probably not it if you can hear it dislatch)
3.) There's a small clip that acts as a popper device. It's mounted on the door itself.

tork_sd89

Baywatch
Happened to my car when I first got it. Not sure how to explain it but theres a metal piece that's what actually pops the door out I guess. It might be the lever as mentioned above. Not sure. But I just pulled that out a lil more. Bent it toward me. and that worked :)

tork_sd89

Baywatch
It's one of 3 things:
1.) bracket that holds it closed like slickwhiteguy said.
2.) The cable (probably not it if you can hear it dislatch)
3.) There's a small clip that acts as a popper device. It's mounted on the door itself.
ok it's #3... the clip is what I bent toward me

tucents

is it possible for someone to take a pic and show me what clip you are talking about, i have no idea.

tucents

i think i foudn the spring its on the right side of the door and actually comes off like a clip, the other side still catches when i hit the release, and wont close flush but has the door opened a bit.

can anyone else help me out? :(