Gas Light.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
Ok so ive been letting my car run to damn near emtpy. i filled up tonight and put ten gallons in filling the tank neck. when the hell is the gas light supposed to come on? and do they make an upgrade for the gauge so that it is more accurate or actually acts like the temp gauge?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
You have a 13.2g gas tank. The light should come on when you have 3 gallons left. You probably just didn't run enough out, close though lol

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Running the tank empty isn't the best idea.

pluckt007

Fat guy in a little coat.
im poor as hell, constantly running low. even now, outside in driveway, its like a little under a quarter tank. but anways, i agree. when i bought mine, the gas pump light was on, we went filled it up, and that light hasn't been seen since. im wondering if mines broken, guage reads empty, its pushes likes its empty, but still no light. so i dunno., guess im not walking the line bravely enough, huh?

hamfacekilla

i have the same problem, i have ran mine all the way to the red empty line and my light has never came on. weird. well if you figure it out then LMK how to fix it! lol

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
will do. i think the gas guage is the one thing i dont like about tegs. cuz with our odyssey and grand am im used to knowing a more accurate showing of my gas level

98_gsr

ive only had the gas light come on twice and it never stayed on I hate driving my car till its that low on gas. Its always been on E before it comes on

Wheeles187

haha. i have never filled up with more then 10.5 gallons. and i still havent seen my gas light, im to scared to go any more. i hvae seen my girl friends on one time.

teggy604

my gas light will only turn on when im close to empty other than that i never really run my car complete empty its not good for your engine. and when i do fill up my car i fill up all the way up almost close to the cap and my lights doesnt even come on as well on top of that i only use 89 to 92 at chevron

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
mine starts to come on at 1/8 tank left, but after i fill up it takes like 5 min to go to full. idk it's always been like that.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
yeah when i fill up my gauge is slow to move after i fill. i run 89 in mine too. i wonder if its a design flaw. cuz even my intrepids gas guage moved when the car was powered up and as the tank was being filled.

4dooRteGGy

I have a 94 Rs does the gas light suppose to come on? do this model even comes with a gas light? i always thought since i got a Rs, it doesnt come with it..correct me if im wrong.