Gas mileage problem?

FauxTypeR

Hey guys i have a 1998 acura integra GS auto. i replaced sparkplugs, changed oil, and cleaned the air filter. But the problem is i BARELY get to 200miles and my needle is on E. is this normal or why am i getting such low miles? my idle is at 1500rpm due to ignition timing being off i believe? i also have a cracked charcoal canister with the hose disconnected. advice? :cry:

Evul9

I got below this last week because of all the Christmas traffic, And me getting ready for europe, hitting v-tec all the time. .. if you are hard on the pedal then it can be easy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

FauxTypeR

Also how many gallons are you putting in when you fill?
i usually see it put in 9.5gal and yeah i guess i am a little hard on it. 60-80 then on freeway 80-100 tho mostly 80 i only go 100 on long stretches of open road

Evul9

9.5 is nowhere near empty, And if you are driving like that it sounds about right I think. ..

But don't quote me I am a total noob

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
Quit driving like a pissed off teenager and you'll get better gas mileage..... It's an automatic, not a Type-R.

I got 29-31mpg regularly with 100% city driving in my auto.... Just drive the damn thing normally.

Evul9

Quit driving like a pissed off teenager and you'll get better gas mileage.....
Lol guilty of this a couple of times, but yeah at those speeds and hard driving its no surprise...

FauxTypeR

Quit driving like a pissed off teenager and you'll get better gas mileage..... It's an automatic, not a Type-R.

I got 29-31mpg regularly with 100% city driving in my auto.... Just drive the damn thing normally.
chill yo:roll: its not as bad as its written out to be.

OneFastGSR

If you havn't done already, You can try some ngk iridiums, also get a new fuel filter, Get a new cap and rotor. Basically just give it a tune up, Might need it

Evul9

Also check the tire pressure and check incase a brake pad is rubbing, happened to me once, but the general tune up is your best bet I would say