Gas pedal adjustment

94tegT3 turbo

Hey i'm not an expert with the integra engines yet so i have a question. How do you adjust the gas pedal? (also known as turning up and down the gas). I don't know if thats clear enough to answer my question but if you think you know what i mean then please answer this question.

94tegT3 turbo

Yeah i didnt think it was too clear. When i press the gas pedal, it's very light, almost like there is a limited acceleration on my car. I want to know how to change it so the pedal can be heavier and much more sensitive when i press it.

DC2_Project

probaly something with the throttle cable, im sure its someone on this board that knows more about it then me

Grenoblebar

94tegT3 turbo said:
Yeah i didnt think it was too clear. When i press the gas pedal, it's very light, almost like there is a limited acceleration on my car. I want to know how to change it so the pedal can be heavier and much more sensitive when i press it.
Very easy. When you look under the hood the throttle cable is right on top in the middle. It is secured by two nuts. Adjust them to make the cable tighter, and it will make the gas pedal more sensitive. Experiment a little with different adjustments to find what you like best, and be aware that if you make it too tight it the car will idle at high(er) rmp.

Grenoblebar

94tegT3 turbo said:
Where exactly are the two nuts along the throttle cable?
They are clearly visible holding the cable in place - right in the middle if I remember correctly. I'll pop my hood tomorow and look so that I can be more specific, if you need me to. You should be able to figure it out though.

I saw that you are from Mansfield- sick dude, holding it down for MA. I have a friend Shana that lives there. Shes a senior at Mansfield high or whatever its called. You know her?

94tegT3 turbo

Hey i know where it is now but they're already tight and the pedal is still light/loose (whatever u wanna call it).

Yup im from Mansfield. Pretty good races around this area. Yea i know Shana. How do u know her?