Gear grinddddd

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
:scurred: uhhhh... no... lol

Yeah I bought some today. I'll throw it in tomorrow... How long for noticeable results?

mirrorimg

Should be immediate. You are removing the fluid which has lost its lubricating properties, and putting in new fluid.

In a manual transmission, they say you should replace your tranny fluid every other oil change, though I think that is quite overkill. A better time period would be every 4 changes, or 12k miles.

Should be immediate. You are removing the fluid which has lost its lubricating properties, and putting in new fluid.

In a manual transmission, they say you should replace your tranny fluid every other oil change, though I think that is quite overkill. A better time period would be every 4 changes, or 12k miles.
The Master tech I worked with told me that the MT fluid really only needed to be changed every 15k. I trust his judgment on most thing related to basic service.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
yeah i gotta say every other change? thats pretty overkill. i was told every 30k but that does seem long. i think 15000 is a safe distance. im almost to the point where i gotta do mine

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I think the time you change your transmission fluid depends on your driving. For daily driving, I think 15K is just fine. For automatics, like my GE8, I change every 5K because of how often I drive. I'm clocking just over 2K miles a month.

92DB2

everyone has there own opion on tranny fluid but i buy a bottle of lucas the motor oil one no the trans one! and get 2 bottles of acura tranny fluid and it should be mint..thats what i use and 110% never have any problems

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I used Pennzoil Synchromesh with no luck :(

A local performance shop I go to said $250 for labor on doing syncros. Definitely the LOWEST price after I called around to local tranny shops. Maybe it's worth it to do it myself? $250 seems tempting though.

Also, Gear Speed sells the syncro set 1-5 for $190. should I also buy the springs, bearings, hubs, etc? Or am I ok with just the syncros?

(I get big grinds 1-2 in very high rpms and 2-3 in anything above 2.5k)

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
I think I'm going to just replace the synchros. The mesh helped a lot with smoothing out the gears, but I still get a nasty grind in third. I have been double clutching 2nd and 3rd just to be safe. A synchro set (1+2 brass 3-5 carbon/moly coated) is $200 shipped and it is like the only set I can find. My local performance shop will do my synchros for $250 labor. I know it's a good price on labor, but for the parts? Let me know fellas!! Thanks