Get a grip.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I'm sick of seeing my newsfeed blown up about Paul Walker.
#1. There was another death involved.
#2. You're contributing to a source that is plenty well off.
I will admit that the Fast and Furious series, Paul Walker in general, inspired me. But enough. His family, as much as I hurt for them, don't need charity. You guys continue to push his funds with stickers, mostly knockoffs, but fail to recognize the other countries that are in chaos.
I'm not just spouting off, and I appreciate generosity to any cause, but I ask that you look inside yourself and consider why you're so motivated to help a cause; is it recognition?
I know this will ruffle feathers, and it's not my intention; I just have a hard time seeing these self righteous posts

jbrown97ls

High five to Patrick! I know people that make less of a fuss when a member of their own family dies. Hop off the celebrity death bandwagon.

R13

The other asshole
lol

I haven't donated anything but you are aware some of the proceeds go to roww? Maybe not as good as donating directly but it's better than nothing at all which is what most people would be doing if he were still alive.

I don't actually think any of it goes to his family, At least nothing I've read mentioned that it would.

jbrown97ls

People only act like they care because they think it makes them look good. It's all about self satisfaction/ gratification.

phatintegra

Banned
Agree. People don't live forever. What about the rest of the world where other countries been fighting for years due to war, food, etc. These are the one that are a concern.

Tax dedication the best way is to register a company name then wright off everything ;)

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I only give to charity for the tax deduction, not the recognition :D

I don't even receive a deduction for my contributions. I've sponsored a girl in Cambodia since 2009 but have no care to claim. I hate poverty and disadvantage in any country or form

Nick_C78

You know whats worse than people making a big deal about his death? People making a big deal about people making a big deal. Just food for thought.

I personally have said very little about the topic. It is sad, but it happens.

Ryan659

I don't even receive a deduction for my contributions. I've sponsored a girl in Cambodia since 2009 but have no care to claim. I hate poverty and disadvantage in any country or form
Nice dude, I actually like it going to a charity rather than to the government. Considering all the waste and crap they spend in on now a days. That's actually why I give to charity :)

Excitable Kid

QFT.

So much s*** happening around the world, right now. If you're going to donate to somewhere international, Red Cross, Red Crescent or the UN Relief programs are the correct way to go. NEVER EVER DONATE TO UNKNOWN ENTITIES. For example, the American Red Cross spends 90.7% of its budget on Program Expenses (ie. the reason the charity exists) while others, like Shiloh International Ministries, spend as little as 3.8%.

Also, don't forget our US homeless population.

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
People are people, doesn't matter where they are from, if they are in poverty and you give them assistance for the sole reason of helping someone, you're a standup person. Just mindlessly throwing money or time to a cause you've never researched is something done for all the wrong reasons, and definitely not compassion. It's for likes on Facebook and the illusion of care towards humanity.