Getting another DB2 possibly

navysailor956

Hey CI what up. So if you dont know already my DB2 was stolen ten days ago and I found it 3 days later stripped. So now its time for a new car. I found another DB2 for sale for 3400 OBO here are some pictures the owner sent me.

The owner says the body is in mint condition with no scratches, scuffs or dents. He bought it from an old man who kept it in his garage with a car cover. The interior he said is also in great condition. The seats were covered with some cheetah print or something. He also said, the old man he bought the car from swapped the b17 engine for a JDM b16 motor and he has receipts for everything. the tranny is still the ys1 gsr tranny.

So what should I look at before I buy. Since its a swap I'm a little cautious. What do I look for on the block to know its a JDM b16 and what about the head? ECU?
How much would you offer for the car?
Any other helpful tips or questions I should ask would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. N gals.

Also my tegs vin started with jh4db2388. this one is jh4db2389. Does this mean his came off the production line right after mine? If so that's fkn awesome! Lol.

white89hatch

From the looks of the pics it looks like it is in pretty good shape. I'd check it over real well make sure nothing is leaking and make sure it drives well. If after all that and you like it I would probably try to get him to go down to 3000 maybe lower.

92gsrboy

its got a b16 in it.....to me its not worth what he is asking..id see if you could get it for around 2500-2700
the last digits in the vin is the production number...

Last edited:

mr abero

So knowing your old db got stolen you didn't take it back for parts? Or was the whole engine gone?

92gsrboy

^^that was the first thing they prob took out

acetobe55

I wouldnt pay that much, for an old man why would he pick a b16A? I mean that seems kind of off.. bet his kid drove it... something just dosent seen right, but still its pretty clean and its also weird that it has a painted valve cover... Check the tires and belts and ask when he had the timing belt done and if he can show proof. You could talk him down there