Getting gauge cluster out of my 98

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
problem is your doing it when its super cold, id wait.. do screwdrivere on both sides on cover. put your hands between them both. and wiggle it out.

Moose_Gumps

i got a small space heater, should I put it inside near my dash and heat things up? I really didn't know cold effects plastic that much. I have to go pick up my gf so I'll have to try later. Do I just wedge a towel down there, stick the screw drivers behind the towel, and pull? damn this is irritating.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
I wraped a small towl around the screw driver so it doesnt scratch plastic... weather does effect plastic, get someone with smaller hands! your gf should do it for you ;) teamwork ftw

if you lived by me id just do it for you.. or show you

Joshmmc

It's one of those weird things where until you do it, it's impossible to fathem the concept of how to do it. I had to pry and play with mine for like 10 minutes before it popped and then I just went "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....., I get it."

Moose_Gumps

yeah its lowered all the way. Just realised my gf's getting off work later than I thought. I'm going out one more time, ill put the space heater in there see if that helps.

If this fails.. I might just have to go ape shit banana sandwich.

Moose_Gumps

okay.. so I kept prying. finally the left side popped out. but for some reason the right side wont come loose. I pulled hard.. it wont come off. THe left side is popped off I even popped it back in and managed to pop it back out but the right side wont come out for some reason

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
use screw driver on right side or pull from middle of the brezel.. pics will helps, im sure its stuck on something, THIS isnt that hard....

Moose_Gumps

finally fucking got it out. looks like the previous owner broke something off because theres something missing. ill take a pic in a sec.

now im trying to get the damn light bulbs out of the clusters but cant seem to do that. why do i have the worst luck with cars

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
there are 3 screws holding in the cluster, remove those, turn it around, you wll see 3 ulb sockets that are larger than the others, those are the ones you want to unscrew!

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
the whole assembly twists into the cluster, the bulbs themselves get pushed into the little black assembly tho