going to the drag strip soon

4banger

well just wanted to know whats a good tire psi to run. i'll be going to the drag strip soon for the 1st time.so i hope i have good runs. i dont even know what to expect from my car heh.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
Good luck, just work on you launch rpm, tirewise I woulnd mess with the stock tire's pressure, but that's just me, try getting some drag radials or slicks

4banger

im not getting slicks till i get my nitrous.i have falken azenis btw. i launch pretty well about 3k-3500rpm, dont spin em much.

MoJoJoJo

Banned
looks like ur pretty read, u dont need slicks for nitrous, cuz its not like ur spraying off the line, slicks will help with all cuz it helps u get off the line. but i think u will do well, let us now how it goes

4banger

well i went sooner then i thought, just got back about an hour ago. had 4 runs, did better then i expected. i reconnected my old vafc that i couldent sell. and took some stuff out, spare, rear seats, tools, and i also have new rims which are abit lighter then the ones i had on.
1st run : 15.4 @ 92
2nd run : 15.2 @ 91
3rd run : 14.6 @ 95
4th run : 14.7 @ 95

after the 2nd i changed the timing to 17, intake cam gear to -1.5 exhaust to +2 ( it was how i had it awhile back) droped the tire pressure abit. and well the times say it all. cant wait till i get a new clutch, this 1 is starting to go., another IM and a si trans or a jdm 1 with lsd.