Good Affordable Machine Shop in MD / NOVA

acclude

cheap bastard
So I need a machine shop to balance and hone the bottom end parts/block.

I've always used Ballast Machine shop in Richmond VA which has always done a good job and are reasonable with their prices.

Since I move up to MD, I don't have a local shop that I use regularly. So I'm on the hunt for a reasonably priced, good quality machine shop in MD or NOVA area. Post any if you have recommendations.

A few that I have on my list of possibilites:

CGM, MD

Ellison's Machine Shop, MD

Precision Engine, MD

&

Springfield Custom Auto Engine, VA

acclude

cheap bastard
Jim, when you see this thread, let me know what machine shop you guys use and if you could get me a hook up on the work. If they do good work, I've got other projects for them and plenty of car buddies doing builds here in the near future that would use their services as well.

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
you could always take it to abacus in vabeach...they balanced my bottom end...very cheap and provided all paper work

you could always take it to abacus in vabeach...they balanced my bottom end...very cheap and provided all paper work
Abacus is really good. They did the bottom end of one of my DSMs for me.
I know of multiple shops in VB that send their machine work there.
It was nice to live 25 minutes from there...:(

acclude

cheap bastard
I'd prefer to keep it within an hour dive from me or so. I will be making some calls and checking out shops in person here shortly. Whatever I feel the most comfortable with is where the block is going.