Good brand for cv axle?

SleeepyHeaad

TheGreenMachine
Does anyone know a good brand for cv axles I busted through a new one in 2 days some how.. Or just call Honda for oem?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Anything that isnt a reman will be OK. The remanufactured axles are always hit or miss.

SleeepyHeaad

TheGreenMachine
People have been telling me to go autozone or Napa since it's in town and lifetime warranty? Is that true?

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I used used oem out of junkyards for my acura legend.

Hit or miss and cheap as hell.

Had 1 hold up for 5 years but the passenger cv axle kept gong every year or so.

I had about 3 spares for each side.

Murphy

Meat Master
I got one axel from Orileys and the other from Advance. I don't think any auto parts store offers a lifetime warranty, maybe a year. I've had the Oriley axel on for a year and a half and it's fine, the boot is still in good shape no steering wheel vibration.

Next time they need to be replaced I'm definitely trying the pair of Yonaka axels off Amazon. I think it's like $120 for a pair of new axels, that's cheaper than the remanufactured ones I bought.

nayy

I work at autozone our cv axles have lifetime, reman axles or new ones, lifetime warranty

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
I got one axel from Orileys and the other from Advance. I don't think any auto parts store offers a lifetime warranty, maybe a year. I've had the Oriley axel on for a year and a half and it's fine, the boot is still in good shape no steering wheel vibration.

Next time they need to be replaced I'm definitely trying the pair of Yonaka axels off Amazon. I think it's like $120 for a pair of new axels, that's cheaper than the remanufactured ones I bought.
I looked at O'Reilly and it was like $160 for the pair with lifetime. (After tax)

nayy

Im at work right now(autozone) just looked up the driver side cv, a new unit( duralast gold) runs $67.99 lifetime passenger side $72.99 lifetime aswell

nayy

$152.61after tax. Price might be different from store to store but if you tell that another autozone has it at a different price they will price match it, they would have to call the store here though let me know if you need the phone number