Good deal on this CF hood?

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
A guy is selling this cf hood for $40. The condition is kinda poor, but it it worth spending $40 on it?

jbrown97ls

I've never fixed one personally, but I've seen friends buy hoods in much worse shape and they came out great. Take your time and I'm sure you can fix it fairly easily and cheaply. There's probably a "how-to" floating out there on the internetz somewhere.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
I've never fixed one personally, but I've seen friends buy hoods in much worse shape and they came out great. Take your time and I'm sure you can fix it fairly easily and cheaply. There's probably a "how-to" floating out there on the internetz somewhere.
thanks man. The mods in CC said hell no to it, but I guess I'll offer him $20. If he accepts it, then I'll buy it, but if not, then thats ok.

LsTeg97

Power_Hitter
if u do decide to get it just fix it before u put it on..:) Those hoods go for around 400 i believe...plus shipping and handling.

94RS

No fucks given.
Buy a small sheet of CF and take it to a body shop that knows wtf they're doing?

XjoEnX

You're gonna low ball a $40 price tag on a CF hood? $40 is already a steal if you plan to repair it.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
You're gonna low ball a $40 price tag on a CF hood? $40 is already a steal if you plan to repair it.
He even said the condition is terrible and he needs it gone asap. The price is $40 obo. If he won't accept $20, then I guess ill go up to $30 if I like it in person.

XjoEnX

Gotcha. You should capitalize on it asap. Worse comes to worse, if that chunk can't be fixed, you can partially paint it like this guy did to his TL. It came out pretty nice. Ignore the shitty RonJon body kit.

MiketheDyke

My job is clean toilets
@swerve according to him, its a vis o.o

@joe thanks for the tip. For that price, a little missing chunk doesn't really matter. I'm just waiting for his response.