Good idea Or bad Idea?? H22A

ltrain

chicolindopr said:
i would love to turbo it but my moms will bitch cuz my cars under her insurance for now cuz its cheaper....and im gonna have around $2000 to play wit..
your gonna need alot more then 2k for a h22 swap, unless u have hook ups for the mounts axles shift linckage and all

sOuL

chicolindopr said:
i would love to turbo it but my moms will bitch cuz my cars under her insurance for now cuz its cheaper....and im gonna have around $2000 to play wit..
man 2k is awsome to have for play money....

XSI_DA_IN_TN

Not sure where you live, but if it has the tranny with it, and it's an H22A, consider it sold. If you're not too far from TN that is.

Josh

chicolindopr said:
how would it change if you turbo it or swap the engine?

Sirfallsalot243

ltrain said:
TURBO LS > lsvtec
laglaglaglaglagBRAAAAAAAP!

Thanks, but no thanks.

I think the H22 is a good option for so cheap. Axles and mounts arent a big deal. An LSVTEC setup will run you about $2000 without tuning. Turbo will run anywhere from 2-4000. For 1300 and be putting down 165whp, thats not bad.

Winki

Undercover mod
Sirfallsalot243 said:

Thanks, but no thanks.

I think the H22 is a good option for so cheap. Axles and mounts arent a big deal. An LSVTEC setup will run you about $2000 without tuning. Turbo will run anywhere from 2-4000. For 1300 and be putting down 165whp, thats not bad.
but what about the custom fab for shift linkage????
putting an H into a teg is not cheep and 2000 won't do it

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Sirfallsalot243 said:

Thanks, but no thanks.

the weight of an H22 will make it handle like dogshit without sinking lots into the suspension. a properly sized turbo (aka: don't just slap a big t3/t4 on it) will spool very quickly and makes lots of torque. and by the way $1300 FOR 165whp sux! if that's your goal then bring it to my house. i'd love to take your money

think about power/weight and F/R weight distrubition. i hope you only intend on going straight. what it will cost to make an h22 dc2 handle good on a track will be way more than a well tuned turbokit with a simple supsension on a car that already handles good. you'd be downgrading the strongest quality of a teg.

PS - 2000 h22 is open deck block. the older full water jacket blocks are way stronger. if i was going to do it i would atleast try to get one out of something like a 94 prelude vtec. they are only rated at 190hp but they are way stronger not being open deck blocks. TRUST ME!

Last edited:

Sirfallsalot243

dc2GS-R said:
the weight of an H22 will make it handle like dogshit without sinking lots into the suspension. a properly sized turbo (aka: don't just slap a big t3/t4 on it) will spool very quickly and makes lots of torque. and by the way $1300 FOR 165whp sux! if that's your goal then bring it to my house. i'd love to take your money

think about power/weight and F/R weight distrubition. i hope you only intend on going straight. what it will cost to make an h22 dc2 handle good on a track will be way more than a well tuned turbokit with a simple supsension on a car that already handles good. you'd be downgrading the strongest quality of a teg.

PS - 2000 h22 is open deck block. the older full water jacket blocks are way stronger. if i was going to do it i would atleast try to get one out of something like a 94 prelude vtec. they are only rated at 190hp but they are way stronger not being open deck blocks. TRUST ME!
$1300 for a 45+ hp jump isnt bad at all. Plus it gives you a great platform to build upon. Power to weight isnt a big issue at all. The motor only weighs 30lbs more, and after removing AC and power steering, youll be less than the stock motor anyway.

00IntegraLS, a GSR swap goes for around $2200-2600 on forums for a USDM engine, with 70k. A JDM from Hmotors i can only assume is more. I was very lucky in my search, and got a B18C1 longblock for $1000 with 70k original, and 0 on new pistons and rings. I got my tranny for $600 with 9k miles, and my ECU for $65. $1665 for a GSR swap is VERY cheap.

chicolindopr

Sirfallsalot243 said:
$1300 for a 45+ hp jump isnt bad at all. Plus it gives you a great platform to build upon. Power to weight isnt a big issue at all. The motor only weighs 30lbs more, and after removing AC and power steering, youll be less than the stock motor anyway.

00IntegraLS, a GSR swap goes for around $2200-2600 on forums for a USDM engine, with 70k. A JDM from Hmotors i can only assume is more. I was very lucky in my search, and got a B18C1 longblock for $1000 with 70k original, and 0 on new pistons and rings. I got my tranny for $600 with 9k miles, and my ECU for $65. $1665 for a GSR swap is VERY cheap.
damn dats a crazy deal....i understand what everyone is sayin and i know da factors of da handling situation if i swap da motors....i was just curious cuz da offer is right a my door but i was just asking cuz i wanted to make sure i didnt do something dumb....i mean ima have a lil more den $2000 to play wit so besides turboing up my car whats da best setup i can do...i would rather buy a new motor tho cuz my ls block already has 160K on it....dont get me wrong it still runs very very good and smooth but im not sure if i wanna take dat risk on a old motor wit so many miles.....if i can get a gsr swap for da price Sirfallsalot243 got it for i'd do it ina heart beat no questions asked...

1990G2TEG

Banned
chicolindopr said:
You don't have to tell the insurance, OR your mom that you got it turbo'd! lmao

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
the h22 sits way further in the front of the chassis so the extra weight will be extremely exxagerated. and i still stand by my 45hp for $1300 sucks. plus no a/c sucks. its too hot outside these days. and have you ever try to parallel park a FF wheel car with no power steering and R compound tires in 100 degree weather?

Last edited:

red99teggy

chicolindopr said:
i think im gonna buy dis motor from my friends...i was gonna just do an LS/VTEC conversion but my mechanic said his boy is sellin him a 2000 prelude H22A for $1300...so i tol him i'd buy it....good idea or bad?

bad idea. check the H forums. the most i have seen them dyno is like 215 and thats with like stage 3 cams and crap. Stick with the b series