good turbo build?

ssmokeyy

Would it be a bad idea to run cp 81.5mm 10.5 comp pistons? I here the higher comp will bring out a little more torque. My goal is only 350 to 450 wheel.

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Make sure your tune is good, you could get away with it. Im a little over 10:1 with a milled head and 10:1 pistons at 81.5

ssmokeyy

Also would a t3/t4 .57 ar turbo going to be a ok size turbo for this build for about 18 psi maxx ? starting psi 14.5 after that tune wait some time up the psi to 18 than probly buy a bigger turbo after that.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
Raising the compression is a good idea, i have 9.8:1 weiscos in mine. It will create more low end torque and less turbo lag. And like Alex said, oyu cant go by PSI, stick with a power goal, get a boost controller, and when you go to get it tuned tell the tuner how much power you want and he will set it up for you.

ssmokeyy

Sorry i was going by psi since i know the motor will be ok with a forged bottom end. The 14.5 is where i will start no matter what hp it puts out.

Prozon

Kris
Why the hell will you go with 14.5 psi? You should really think of the POWER your going to put out..

AlexD

J13 sooo mad
Sorry i was going by psi since i know the motor will be ok with a forged bottom end. The 14.5 is where i will start no matter what hp it puts out.
you should start with whatever spring you plan on using in your wastegate and go from there

ssmokeyy

hey guys Its coming down to ordering some pistons and I got a gsr block and im using my b16 head but cp dosen't make the comp ratio i want for the gsr block its either 9;8.1 witch with this setup would be 9;4.1 or 11.1 witch would be 10;8.1 and i want to use these SC7101 witch are 10;5.1 witch would be around 10;1.1 witch i would be fine with. Can i use these pistons SC7101 cp with manley h rods for gsr? Do i have to match the gsr pistons with gsr rods? Not sure if this would be a problem or not?

patrick4588

Integra God
why dont you get the 9.8:1 cp pistons, then mill the head to bump the compression a tad? deck the block? You have to match your rods with your crank, doesnt matter which pistons.

ssmokeyy

yeah i was planing on using gsr rods. With out doing anything will a cp b16 piston fit on a manley h rod?

ssmokeyy

Final build list.

b18c block
cp pistons 81.5mm 9.8.1
manley rods
acl race bearings
type r oil pump ( same as gsr and b16)
New main bolts
arp head studs
aebs intake manifold
b16 head with gsr cams and stock valve train
54 mm trim precision turbo race shaft