Greddy bolt on kit?

SupersonicGSR99

so i got a 99 GSR 58K all stock except intake and an evo 2 soon. what is the best bolt on turbo kit? is garrett better than the greddy kit? how reliable will my car be?

B18C1_integra

when i was looking into building my D16 i had the same question. i found that both kits were great kits but was recremended the garrett/edelbrock kit more. the garrett/edelbrock kit is more complete and was able to make more power you were also able to up the boost a little more before you needed a re-tune also.

i am guessing this probably the same for the B18 kits... someone correct me if i am wrong.

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
ive heard the edelbrock is a compliete bolt on kit requiring no other tune or engine management and its 50 state legal

GSROWNSU

it's only going to be as reliable as you make it....personally kits are pointless because you WILL have to modify/change things no matter what. Nothing is one size fits all when it comes to forced induction. I would keep doing a lot of research before you decide for sure what you want to do. :D

B18C1_integra

it's only going to be as reliable as you make it....personally kits are pointless because you WILL have to modify/change things no matter what. Nothing is one size fits all when it comes to forced induction. I would keep doing a lot of research before you decide for sure what you want to do. :D
+1

when i first wanted a turbo i was just going to get a kit but then i did some research and found that doing a custom kit was better as for the same price you can usually part together a better kit and you learn a lot in the process.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
The Greddy kit is pretty good. I know this guy who has one on his DC5 and he loves it.

riotfish

wont the greddy kit save some money since it comes with e-manage? most kits dont come with a engine control system so u have to buy hondata. but everyone says hondata is better

Last edited:

riotfish

ah yeah, the peakboost kits on turbo-kits.com come with some nice manifolds rather then the GReddy castiron one...btw theres two peakboost kits what's the difference between the two manifolds?