greddy bov type RS

Ksan

No matter what i do adjust it to hard or soft on the bov the valve still closes to late and when i let off the gas u can hear it whistle cause it closes to late. is there a way to fix this?

patrick4588

Integra God
its a greddy, it whistles. lol. so you have that gt28rs you posted about earlier? and you are not tuned obviously since you were asking us what power you should make. what is your setup and what kind of ecu are you running, just curious.

Ksan

oh yeah the GT28rs is on order at the moment. But right now im running something similar to a turbonetics delta 44. But as of right now that is what i got. Its a stock Ls nothing done to the block or heads, running 440CC injectors,255 walboro fuel pump, MSD Ignition (distributor cap, wireset, external coil),Meutek t3/t4 Cast iron manifold, Tial 38mm wastegate with open dump, 3" custom downpipe, tanabe hyper medalion and OBD1 tuned with Chrome. DSG (Dent Sport Garage) by Matt, tuned me and i made 205whp and 200 flbs of torque at 6 lbs of boost. Im tuned at 13 lbs but never ran it, but i made 230whp and 212 flbs of torque. But i run 8 lbs daily drive.

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
What? How do you make that much torque. Lies. Honda's never make anywhere near the same torque as they do hp. Even the non-vtecs. @ 205whp, you should be @ around 150-160wtq, not 200....

Another thing..... You switch your boost to different levels when you are tuned at a certain psi already? Raising it manually over the tuned psi will make your car run lean, and lowering it to 8lbs for daily driving will make it run rich..... I hope to god you don't have any catalytic convertors...... They will plug up and die so quickly with a rich running car

Last edited:

patrick4588

Integra God
What? How do you make that much torque. Lies. Honda's never make anywhere near the same torque as they do hp. Even the non-vtecs. @ 205whp, you should be @ around 150-160wtq, not 200....

Another thing..... You switch your boost to different levels when you are tuned at a certain psi already? Raising it manually over the tuned psi will make your car run lean, and lowering it to 8lbs for daily driving will make it run rich..... I hope to god you don't have any catalytic convertors...... They will plug up and die so quickly with a rich running car
thats about right power and tq wise. Forced induction is a lot different than n/a. And as long as the tuner did his job right, there will be no problem running less boost than what you are tuned at. The problem is most tuners do not tune individual psi levels throughout the entire rpm range, instead they only tune along the psi curve your car is currently at. If done right, the entire map should be tuned. The only bad thing i necessarily saw was the huge bottle neck from a 3" downpipe into a hyper medallione exhaust. you need to swap that out for a 3" unit.

Ksan

so what should i run for a down pipe then? if i was to swap it it? 2.5 downpipe. and why should I? is it lost of power.

so what should i run for a down pipe then? if i was to swap it it? 2.5 downpipe. and why should I? is it lost of power.
He means swap out the exhaust canister for one that is 3 " through and through. You never want to go smaller as you get farther away from the manifold, if it doesnt stay the same diameter, go larger.