Greetings from noob

MisterGisser

Ominous G2 said:
SPC makes some sick parts, I got to check them out at SEMA. JDM front can always come later, get the motor done first.
Yeah I've heard good things about the SPC camber kits, except for some people that bitch about the longer installation time. Well looks like I have a list of things to check out now, so that should keep me busy.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
MisterGisser said:
Tein springs with Tokico HPs huh, I'll definitely look into that. Any suggestions for camber kits? I know that you can do the washer trick for the rear on the G2s.

Melt, yes I do love the '98 front end but the JDM front just looks so damn good! I doubt I'll be getting the JDM front end anyways because it just isn't worth it for all that money. Anyways, I live in good ol' San Jose where you are guaranteed to run into a ricer at every stop light.
i did the washer trick on my 96 ls, im dropped on h&r sport springs with stock shocks. Its rides cool. I havent gotten an alignment yet but i have 3 washers per bolt and it looks straight. I have an ingalls camber kit for the front that isnt on yet, i paid $40 for it brand new i got a good deal. I dont even know if my camber is off enough to need it, but on my old accord i was - 2.2 degrees and the back was perfect after about 10 and the front was just starting to show inside wear on tokico illuminas and h&r sports riding on 215/45/17s. This was after an alignment and them setting the toe to spec.

So thats why i opted to get the camber kit this time ... funny thing was i wasnt even really shopping for it but when i bought my exaust (used) off this guy in dublin he said he had hella other parts so i ended up going to his house and getting the camber kit and short shifter too ... i never put the short shifter in though cause it has no bend and im hella tall so i wouldnt want to have to lean forward everytime to shift. If youre interested its a b&m ill sell it to you for $35

Check out bayareatuners.com if youre looking for a local forum, they have meets fairly often.

Last edited:

MisterGisser

Melt said:
i did the washer trick on my 96 ls, im dropped on h&r sport springs with stock shocks. Its rides cool. I havent gotten an alignment yet but i have 3 washers per bolt and it looks straight. I have an ingalls camber kit for the front that isnt on yet, i paid $40 for it brand new i got a good deal. I dont even know if my camber is off enough to need it, but on my old accord i was - 2.2 degrees and the back was perfect after about 10 and the front was just starting to show inside wear on tokico illuminas and h&r sports riding on 215/45/17s. This was after an alignment and them setting the toe to spec.

So thats why i opted to get the camber kit this time ... funny thing was i wasnt even really shopping for it but when i bought my exaust (used) off this guy in dublin he said he had hella other parts so i ended up going to his house and getting the camber kit and short shifter too ... i never put the short shifter in though cause it has no bend and im hella tall so i wouldnt want to have to lean forward everytime to shift. If youre interested its a b&m ill sell it to you for $35

Check out bayareatuners.com if youre looking for a local forum, they have meets fairly often.
$40 - that's a great deal on the Ingalls kit. So how long have you been riding on your current setup (the H&Rs coupled with the stock shocks)? I would assume that the shocks would be shot fairly quickly, but I guess I'm wrong since your shocks seem to be holding up well. My brother has a 1997 Accord and he is lowered (if any) on H&R OE springs with KYB GR-2 shocks and he has some major negative camber. All of his tires have inside wear and it's been only a year or so. He assumed he didn't need a camber kit because of the minimal drop.

I think I'll pass on the short shifter but thanks for offering. I'll be sure to check out bayareatuners.com, and much thanks for the heads up.

Melt

the lone outdoorsman
your bro probably didnt get an alignemtn ... on the accord i had wore out thefront tires in 10k miles with no alingment on neuspeed race springs (they rode like shit which is why i later put the h&R sport on) and the stock 205/60/15s

Ive had my setup about 3 weeks now, but the shocks i got are off a 2000 civic (front) and 93 civic (rear) and they were used with neuspeed race springs for 2 years and didnt blow before i got em.