Grinding noise when braking

Amiguel6

So when I'm going at slower speeds and brake, i get this type of grinding noise from the front. I can feel it in the brake pedal too. When going at higher speeds, it doesn't occur when i brake. I replaced the pads about a month ago and i also put brake lubricant on the pads. I took off the wheels and i didn't see anything abnormal. I also measured the rotors, and the are the same width all around.

What could it be? I've looked on google and other threads, but i didnt find a direct answer/solution. Any/all help is appreciated.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Re do your brand pads on the front. Sounds like they are not seated correctly and are dragging on the rotor. You should be able to turn the wheel/rotor when off the ground and not hear the same grinding noise.

Amiguel6

I just put the lubricant on the metal plate on the back of the pads. Muckman, how would i go about seating them properly?

zack11122

The thin pieces of metal that go between your slider and caliper bracket may be rubbing on the rotor as well. Has happened to me.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

zack11122

Just pull them apart and go through them slowly. Check and see if the pins your caliper connects to move. Use white lithium grease on them. The little tin pieces that I was talking about make sure they're pushed in right. And on the right sides.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Muckman

Not a M0derator
yeah I cant describe how to do that properly in words. you just have to inspect it yourself and find why the pad is getting hung up. In my experience its usually an issue with the alignment of the pad in the caliper bracket thing.