grinding noise while braking

99integie

i get this kinda grining noise only sometimes.. this only happends sometimes and only when i brake.. i know for a fact its not the pads since i changed them not to long ago, the rotors looked fine.. what could this be? bad caliper?... a discriptsion of the noise is noticible but not to loud, it sounds like a kinda grinding noise like brake pad grinding against the rotors or sumthing.. again it only makes this noise when i brake, and strangly when i jus start the car and pull out of my drive way..

any help would be great!

teggy604

do you feel like something biting something when you step on your break . does your pedal goes almost on the flloor..

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
sounds to me sir that you have rotorust. which usually doesnt take long to occur depending on where you live.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
That's what I would call it, surface rust doesn't take long to form on your bare metal rotors.

99integie

rotor rust huh.. maybe it could be that... wouldnt the brake pads smoth out the rust though? i dont get it.... its coming from the front so it cant be the ebrake..

to turn the rotors, do you just jack up the car and spin the wheel?

do you guys think its safe to drive like this?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
rotor rust huh.. maybe it could be that... wouldnt the brake pads smoth out the rust though? i dont get it.... its coming from the front so it cant be the ebrake..

lmao:lol:

IF its lot rot (aka "rotor rust") the pads will take it off with a few hits of the pedal... I would look at the pads and rotors again (front and rear) and make sure u dont have a caliper that is binding up and not sliding..

another thing is if u bought CHEAP semi-metallics then u will get noise.. that would be the sound of metal on metal

99integie

maybe i didnt put enough "brake quite" on the brake shimmy thingys. what you think? ugh dont wanna remove the wheel agian..

hikirojev

HikiroJev
maybe i didnt put enough "brake quite" on the brake shimmy thingys. what you think? ugh dont wanna remove the wheel agian..
yeah, i was gonna mention that.

and yeah rust, just a few quick go and stops will clear it out.

also remember reading something about a part(some like retainer or spring) on brakes that suppose to help stop that, forgot what called though.

You shouldn't need any of that "brake quiet goop" I never use it and never have problems.. besides that would make a sqeek (from vibration) not a grinding noise..

Did you put new rotors OR resurface the rotors when u changed the pads.. or did u just do a pad slap??

pad slap = FAIL!