Ground Control vs Megan Street Coilovers

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
I was thinking about dropping my car for my next mod and was wondering which suspension to go. I'm really at a crossroads and don't want to look like a total n00b, but here I am. I have a great deal offered to me for both parts, but I don't know what would be better in the long run for me. I've heard a lot of good things about Ground Control coilovers with Tokicos, but Megan Streets are around the same price and give a pretty agressive look as well.
Right now, I'm pretty sure my shocks/struts are wearing down, since it's still the OEM stuff and it's got a pretty good mileage on it already. I'm trying to give my car a good drop as a daily commuter for now, but eventually planning on some track/auto x on the way.

Any opinions and feedback? Pics would be nice as well guys.

Thanks!

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ground control with a 8 front 6 rear spring set up with tockico illuminas. It will give you what you need for a DD and a track day car.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
hmmmmm alright thanks for the info man :). I'm assuming you have Ground Control on your LS?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Ground control with Tockico illuminas on 12k front 10k rear. Im going to get rid of them this summer for something stronger for a track set up. Im not impressed with Ground Control on the stiffer spring rates, but its the best out of the two

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
You will be fine with that set up. I think once you get into super agressive spring rates you start to have problems. i just need something more substantial/.

myxintegra

Extreme Music Addict
alright thanks. sounds like a good setup. I'll contemplate a little more.

bruce...

i make it rain..
I perfer GC/Koni yellow combo setup thats because koni have better shock rebound then tokico white :] and you can pick your own springs rate with GC or you can get koni yellow race shock. I think its the best bang for it bucks with that price.