gsr head on si block?

Winki

Undercover mod
Ominous G2 said:
I think the iron sleeves should hold up to about 1 bar, seen them twice as much. Engine will be balanced and blueprinted as well. Doin it once, so Im gonna do it right.
Im not saying the sleves wont hold up i know they can hold plenty of boost but when you building a race motor your bound to have problems anything can happen from timing belt jumping to oil pump going out, and i've seen things happen where the sleve would end up scratched and you have to bore it out to the next size im just saying that if you go 84 and something happens it can be a sad story and you can make plenty of power starting off with an 81.5 sleve

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
So you think i need a dry sump and a toda timing belt, cause I would rock a dry sump no problem. I understand what you mean, I do worry about the belt also.

Winki

Undercover mod
Its just like extra precaution just like the fact that you are getting aftermarket sleves because you dont want to crack one with boost right? even though im willing to bet and know you can run your one bar on stock sleves, when you build a rece motor that is going to have th piss ran out of it they are aecomended to be rebuilt what? every 2 years or something? im not necessarly saying anything at all will go wrong but i know that this is more my opnion but when you spend that 1000$ or what ever on sleves i want the most i can get out of them in case of any innodecent. you can not build 100% reliable race motor no matter what parts you use because anything can happen, just a friendly recomendation with the sleves. and you should be just as fine with a oem belt