Gsr headers and cams

bkgod035

I'm trying to get the best cams and headers for my all motor Gsr, I have springs and retainers Im and tb on the head and for the block I have 12:5:1 wiseco pistons and eagle rods. I would like to know what would be the best route as far as some good cams and headers that will get me to 190-200 whp. This is my dd and I'm running 93 oct

esco115

Fawk a Title!
First of it's impossible to put headers on a GSR, you can put a header on!
Do not go with DC header as its the most cheapest and shittiest header to buy. Everyone has it due to the fact its cheap, but by FAR the best bang for your buck performance wise.
IMO there are two on my fav list, they are Edelbrock and Hytech. Why? The diameter piping are large for better flow and mandrel bend piping used, not small or cheap welding like DC. Edelbrock for the 4-2-1 header style or Hytech for the 4-1 header style, best of both worlds.
But at the end its your car and your money.

Cams - Skunk2 are nice, and TODA cams. but it all depends how aggressive you want to go with it.
Best Stock cams - ITR or CTR

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Good luck not having knock with 12.5:1 and 93 pump gas. Your right at the limits with 12:1, over the limit at 12.5:1. What type of tuning do you plan on having done and what fuel management?

As for cams i would look into Skunk2 as they seem to be making some of the best power right now. Bisi sells cams and the name speaks for its self

mjones73

That's pretty damn high compression for a DD, got stock in race fuel?

bkgod035

I've been driving the car fine with no knocks on 93 for a very long time now, I'm most likely going to use chrome Thank you for your input guys I appreciate it

bkgod035

Anyone selling any of these parts? It seems like there's nothing out there except brand new from the maker

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
so your running the car untuned at 12.5:1 on pump gas with no knock? I have a very very hard time believing that. How do you know you don't have knock, you do know I am not talking bout the kind of knock that comes from a rod right? I am talking about the "knock" that is caused by detonation due to a motor running lean, which I can almost garuntee your car is

bkgod035

It's actually running rich, if there was a knock I'm pretty sure I would here it right? Or no?

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
What injectors do you have? What fuel pressure are you running and do you have a wideband in the car? You don't always hear 'knock" its a pinging sound that comes from inside the motor, unless your car is super quiet chances are your not hearing it. My buddy has slight knock on his 13:1 LSV and thats on a 93/110 blend

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Your running a 12.5:1 compression motor with no tuning and no wideband? That would be the first thing I invest money in, even if its a street tune. Your AFR's are all over the place if i had to guess. Get the thing tuned, its money well spent unless you want to rebuild your motor

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I would get the car tuned now, most shops will either retune for free or a really good price once you put other mods in there. I would also look for another daily driver, have you seen the price of gas lol. Shit is getting out of control and only going to continue rising

bkgod035

Yea it's pretty bad, I have an accord almost ready to go so I can stop driving this car, Thanks Again