Gsr help

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
hmm i may rethink this i might as well get a 240sx with a sr20 or a eclipse gsx
Cars are expensive! The GSX is tough to work on since it has very little engine room left over and it gave a couple of my friends problems non-stop. If you are mechanically inclined, or you're lucky like me and have a GF with a dad who is a mechanic, then that will be an awesome base to start from; if not, then godspeed :lol:

iteerawr

buy a ebay turbo kit, upgrade the waste gate
make sure everything is installed correct so that way your turbo is getting the oil it needs and the upgraded wastegate will take care of you motor. buy injectors, tune it on crome. just keep an eye on the turbo, or replace it. youll make it over 200whp easy... probably around 2k total.
dont do a NA build unless youre ballin LOL youd make 200whp doing NA mods, youd have +300whp with a turbo with the same amount of money.

X1L3D

buy a ebay turbo kit, upgrade the waste gate
make sure everything is installed correct so that way your turbo is getting the oil it needs and the upgraded wastegate will take care of you motor. buy injectors, tune it on crome. just keep an eye on the turbo, or replace it. youll make it over 200whp easy... probably around 2k total.
dont do a NA build unless youre ballin LOL youd make 200whp doing NA mods, youd have +300whp with a turbo with the same amount of money.
You would still need to put about $4k in the motor to get it ready for boost if you want to be smart with it. If not throw a turbo on there and hope nothing goes wrong.

mirrorimg

You would still need to put about $4k in the motor to get it ready for boost if you want to be smart with it. If not throw a turbo on there and hope nothing goes wrong.
If the motor is healthy, you can boost it up to around 300 hp without opening it up. Beyond that, the cylinder walls may not hand up to the strain.

So no, you dont need a built motor for boost.

iteerawr

If the motor is healthy, you can boost it up to around 300 hp without opening it up. Beyond that, the cylinder walls may not hand up to the strain.

So no, you dont need a built motor for boost.
well i mean if you wanna be safe then run low boost. i know if you run a t28 at about 8psi youd make around 250 with a stock motor.

97GSRVTEC

I know I'm way late on this thread but the gsr doesn't make 140-150 whp stock. It makes 170 or around there. Also depends how many miles are on the motor to turbo it. I dnt know if its just me but I doubt i would trust boosting a stock internal motor?

iteerawr

I know I'm way late on this thread but the gsr doesn't make 140-150 whp stock. It makes 170 or around there. Also depends how many miles are on the motor to turbo it. I dnt know if its just me but I doubt i would trust boosting a stock internal motor?
thats how much stock gsr's make to the wheel. its rated at 170hp at the crank. yeah only turbo a healthy motor i agree with you on that. low boost is fine on a stock internal motor. its not gonna be a drag car. just a daily im sure

fernando_dc2

I <3 my Honda
Yeah 240sx boosted are fun! I had a s14 zenki with the ka24 turbo on 8psi and was pushing 187whp on stock internals..... but sold it to get a teg! Now I'm doing ls vtec and hopefully make 200whp when finished..... but turbo is a lot of hassles and lot of maintnance....

mjones73

whp means wheel horse power, how much is actually making it to the tires after parasitic loses...