GSR ignition issue, NEED IDEAS

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
My GSR has had issues with starting 3 times this month. It turns over but fire one piston and stalls out. Jump starting it the last 2 times work but only after many tries. And it would have trouble staying on. Today it did the same, battery was strong and kept cranking. I can to find out wire #4 on the distributor is brokenbut was making contact this whole time.

Could it be the wire, getting new ones tomorrow?

or

My MSD setup?

any thoughts ideas suggestions………….

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Yes. Im a big fan of OEM ignition components. Id opt for old OEM parts over new cheap aftermarket on replacement items like the cap and rotor or wires.

If you wanted you could ohm test the wires. See if there was a short or something with #4.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
^ a lot of that. One way to test (my preference method) is to swap a known working dizzy. You can use the advanced ignition trouble shooting guide but I don't know how those numbers apply to a non oem dizzy.

Swerve

Shawn
My dads MSD Dizzy on his b18c5 was such a piece of shit we threw it out.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
All is good for now, bought some dodo-last wires from Autozone. Car turned on rough and smokey it was running rich had the timing a little too retarded and my fuel pressure is turned up to avoid leaning out. But I'm not convinced the issue is fixed but at least it ran and got a good test drive.