GSR/ITR the only vtec integras?

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
dont have an integra right now, but im really looking into as an alternative to the EP3 (02-05 civic si). I'm a big timme honda guy and vtec is what got me into it. acura is honda, but after some reading, i notice that GSR (and i think ITR?) seems to be the only one with a vtec engine stock. please tell me im wrong :???: i basicly dont want to go another car without vtec haha I've heard of engine swaps but i don't want to go into that anytime soon, rather have it already vtec. bottom line: what gen3 integra is vtec-ed? thanks

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
ya, without swapping anything the GSR and the Type R are your best bet. I would say GSR is your best bet as you will pay out the ass for an ITR.

No other Integra's have VTEC.

jznsn2u

dont have an integra right now, but im really looking into as an alternative to the EP3 (02-05 civic si). I'm a big timme honda guy and vtec is what got me into it. acura is honda, but after some reading, i notice that GSR (and i think ITR?) seems to be the only one with a vtec engine stock. please tell me im wrong :???: i basicly dont want to go another car without vtec haha I've heard of engine swaps but i don't want to go into that anytime soon, rather have it already vtec. bottom line: what gen3 integra is vtec-ed? thanks
Welcome to Club Integra. Don't get the ep3!!! Ep3's are considered the "economical k20". Yes the 3rd gen gsr + itr are the only ones with vtec. Also, 2nd gen integra's come with a b17 engine that is vtec as well BUT its a rare joule to find. I think you would be better off buying a gsr and modifying it. It doesn't take much to compete a gsr with an ep3. + you wouldn't have to make monthly payments :D.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
thanks for the welcome :) i like the ep3 because its unique, not too many to see. and now way in hell was i thinking of buying ITR, was just satisfying my curiosity lol sadly, theres not too many integras in the area either, let alone GSR =\ oh well, more time to save money! hope i can find one when dec/jan comes around X_X

jznsn2u

thanks for the welcome :) i like the ep3 because its unique, not too many to see. and now way in hell was i thinking of buying ITR, was just satisfying my curiosity lol sadly, theres not too many integras in the area either, let alone GSR =\ oh well, more time to save money! hope i can find one when dec/jan comes around X_X
The longer you wait, the more you save. The more opportunities open :D. I'm selling one of my teggys :lol:

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
WAlso, 2nd gen integra's come with a b17 engine that is vtec as well BUT its a rare joule to find.
Joule: A measurement of energy equal to 1 newton over 1 meter. Or in electrical terms, 1 amp over 1 ohm.
Jewel: A precious and/or rare stone, gem or metal

I have never in my life seen those words swapped :lol:
GSR > EP3 in every way! :thumbs up

jznsn2u

Joule: A measurement of energy equal to 1 newton over 1 meter. Or in electrical terms, 1 amp over 1 ohm.
Jewel: A precious stone,gem or metal

I have never in my life seen those words swapped :lol:

GSR > EP3 in every way! :thumbs up
LOL DAMMM GRAMMAR POLICE! I knew I was going to get ticketed for that one. I looked at the spell check and I was feeling iffy about it. I should've trusted my gut and googled it! Me ftl :rolf:

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
GSR it is then, adn the waiting game begins -.- but just one look at the GSR tachometer can make me smile again :) that redline is noice!

j13

Keep It Clean
The K20A3 powered EP3 is a waste of money, if you're looking for nice power. iVTEC only engages on the intake Valves I think.

You're better off getting an Acura RSX Type-S with a K20A2(K20A2: 200hp, 142 ft-lbs) than down the road swap it with a JDM RSX Type-R K20A engine:shock:. (K20A-220hp/152ft-lbs/11.5 Compression Ratio)

If you want a nice quick car without the hassle of a down payment and finance, Integra GS-R hands down.

Visionnaire

LOL DAMMM GRAMMAR POLICE! I knew I was going to get ticketed for that one. I looked at the spell check and I was feeling iffy about it. I should've trusted my gut and googled it! Me ftl :rolf:
should've just called it poetic justice and said you wanted to use joule that way on purpose. it'll get you pass every time =)

Cman46290

GSR definitely the way to go... i found an all stock one in good shape for 3K....

and thats what you want to find.. one that is un-modded... all stock... thats hasnt had some dumb ass 17-18 year old kid screwing it up before you get it.