gsr = mine

ExPoSeD

hey i dunno if u guys remember me but i finally got a 01 gsr and ill be puttin up pictures soon............

i dont know what exhaust system to get~~~~~

also i have an aem intake but i think i might replace it, any suggestions? thankssssssssssss

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
You really want a Spoon exhaust, but you don't even know how it sounds or how well it makes power. hhmmmmm :???:

siscoke

TegSox said:
You really want a Spoon exhaust, but you don't even know how it sounds or how well it makes power. hhmmmmm :???:
what does the sound have to do with it soxx? we all know spoon has excellent performance gains (overall) and good quality products so the sounds doesnt really matter if ur goin for power does it now :D :p (imo)

id go for a spoon, fujitsubo, vibrant performance one of those will do ;)
for intake depending on what kind u want u can get an AEM V2 cold air wich has good performance and you get an awsome sound on top of it. or a vibrant airbox wich has also very good performance but gives u less sound oc

greetz sis

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
How an exhaust sounds means a hell of a lot to most people. Since the performance gains of equal diameter exhausts are virtually identical among all brands, picking an exhaust pretty much comes down to how the muffler looks, how it sounds and what sound you want.
You pick the diameter of the exhaust you need by deciding ahead of time how far you are going to go with your mods and where you want your powerband to be along the rpm range. From there it's just personal preferance on what style of muffler you like the looks of, and if the exhaust tone is to your liking.

I didn't mean to diss on you for picking Spoon, Spoon is high quality stuff. I have Spoon cams, Spoon cam gears, a Spoon shift knob, Spoon magnetic drain plugs and Spoon heat barrier tape on my oil pan. It just that it obvious to me that there was only one reason why you picked Spoon. It may or may be what'll work best for your car with whatever future mods you plan on doing.
If you can tell us:
-How far are you gonna go with your mods (just bolt-on's, or internals also)?
-Where along the rpm range do you want to build power (midrange or upper rpm's)?
We can give you educated advice on what to buy, rather than just spitting out brand names that, when put together, may not work well together towards making max power.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Just bolt-on's and a high rpm powerband? Cool, then the Spoon exhaust system would be fine. It's a 2.38 inch system, from there all you need to decide is if you want the loud N1 muffler, or the quieter street muffler. Check out www.aj-racing.com, they sell Spoon. So does www.ipsracing.com. I guess Spoon sells the B pipe and the axleback sections separatley.