gsr not starting

Evul9

Hey guys, I went to go pick my mum up today, jumped in the car, turned the key and it just kept turning. Waited for a while still doing it... I don't think its the battery (will try to jump start tonight), all the lights work and everything power is fine. I have 48 psi (not sure if it is psi) of fuel pressure, can hear the pump when i turn the key to on. I checked if the spark plugs were working, and I cant see any spark. I am assuming something is wrong with the ignition. I have a MSD ignition and no idea what to do next... Could anybody help me out? It ran fine two days ago, so it seems a bit weird to me. Thanks guys.

Evul9

I guess i should also say that there was a big storm last night... not sure if that would help
Another thing is i was trying to fix my radio (Previous owner made a mess of it) yesterday, but i don't think that would have done anything?

Last edited:

drevans_satx

Dylan
>Check your fuses
>Check the battery with a volt meter (should read ~12.5Volts)
>Report back with your findings

Evul9

Hey, sorry, didn't realize that someone responded. I took apart the ignition, cleaned everything out, (worked on it for 2 days) started back up, must of been something in the ignition, has ran fine ever since. Sorry I didn't report back earlier.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
sounds to me like your coil is going bad.

pretty simple to fix, just mark your dizzy before pulling it off to ensure timing is right.

Evul9

sounds to me like your coil is going bad.

pretty simple to fix, just mark your dizzy before pulling it off to ensure timing is right.
Ok, car has gotten worse. Friend checked battery, 12.4v, I checked fuses, nothing. My friend thinks it is the coil, chick would make the most sence. One thing is, is that it seems to happen more when the engine bay is really hot. If I turn off the engine and try to turn it on 5 minutes later, does not work. Open the bonnet for 2 minutes and it starts up o_O

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2