Gsr Once Over?

GSratedR

Rated R
ok so tomorrow i will be going to take a look at a 00' integra gsr 2dr. it has a theft recovery title and 129k miles on it. it will be a trade for titles and i will be trading my 99 civic. i want to know if you guys had any advice on what to look for to make sure i'm getting a fair deal. this will be my 2nd gsr and i know you all are a wealth of info so i though i would run this by CI. what are some important things i need to remember to check when looking at a used integra??? any help would be great.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mjones73

I'd get rid of that large ass siren, you wanna hide it where a thief couldn't easily cut the wiring to it...

h22ateggy

G-ZrrrrMobin
I got a small one and tucked it inside my fender

Nismor

all i can think off is ask for a carfax wana make sure its the original miles on it not some gauge cluster he got from another one with low miles

arturo_dc4

def drive it on the highway and take it up to about 80. that way you can run thru all the gears, smash on it make sure the motor is healthy, also you can get a feel of how the suspension and steering feels

GSratedR

Rated R
alright, thanks for the tips guys. i will def be getting on it tomorrow and checking it close. its been almost 3 years since my last gsr, and from my exp nothing can make you miss a b18c more than driving a d16y8 on the daily for 3yrs. i cant wait and i hope this is legit. any more advice would be appreciated greatly.

Cman46290

yeah... when i bought my GSR... it ran good so i basically jumped on it... little did i know that EVERY suspension buushing and piece of rubber in the suspension was shot. Tires were worn out... and there were clunks in the front that i hadnt heard when i originally test drove it. (which ended up being worn out control arm bushings)

It also had bad front wheel bearings... howling on the highway...

CHeck for fluid leaks under the hoood well, oil level and condition and coolant level and condition....(just to see if it has been maintained).... and as far as fluid leaks... a couple common ones are the vtec solenoid gaskst.... valve cover gasket.... distributor o-ring.... cam seal....

underneath... check for fluid leaks as well... mine had a rear main seal leaking... oil pan leaking.... and slave cylinder leaking.

Look at the dipstick itself as well... see if the end of it looks all burnt up... or it its still in good and decent shape... if its all burnt to hell... the motor has most likely been run hard and gotten extremely hot... which may mean problems for you in the near future.

You may also want to ask him if the timing belt/water pump have been done....

-Corey