GSR Rebuild help

BankiBoi

Rebuilt my gsr for like so many times now, got new gasket, new valves, new head bolts, torque to spec/sequence and still when i start the muth#$@ oil and coolant instantly mix. what am i missing here?

BankiBoi

Felpro just got a new one unless that brand is shit is what I'm thinking, got new bolts torqued once did the same thing . I'm assuming need to recheck my head or block or arp head bolts fml

Posted by Thunderbolt using tapatalk

TheCrimsonStar

Felpro just got a new one unless that brand is s*** is what I'm thinking, got new bolts torqued once did the same thing . I'm assuming need to recheck my head or block or arp head bolts fml

Ever cross your mind that your head could be cracked? That happens sometimes when the gasket goes.

BankiBoi

crossed but got a pressure test machine guy said all good, put way to much $ in this I'm just blow it up problem solved

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
You would have to be pretty damn dumb in order to put a headgasket on upside down I alwas see people post that s*** and think to myself, what sort of people are working on cars? If it was on upsie down, none of the holes that are cut out on the gasket for water and oil passages would line up lmfao. That s*** is cut so it fits properly 1 way.

It is not common at all for oil to mix with coolant unless you have a blown gasket, cracked head/block. Felpro gaskets are just fine, in fac my dad has a re-used Felpro on his B20 and it runs like a top lmfao. I would take motor back out and have block/head checked again to make sure nothing is warped

BTW Dylan don't take my post as a shot towards you because its not, I seriously see "upside down headgasket" posted about 2-3 times a week on various forums and think, how the hell would someone even do that and not notice it.

Last edited:

BankiBoi

Not upside down but I guess in 30 mins I'll break it back down to see wtf the problem is. Should've never bought it from that sketchy guy