GSR rebuild kit from ebay

TaintedDC2

Tainted
hows it going CI,

im about to do a engine rebuild on my 2001 gsr, i was browsing around ebay and found these b18c5 rebuild kit and i was just wondering if anyone has ever tried these? i got some c5 cams and i want to do a rebuild for this up coming winter, and i just want to know are they reliable?

thanks in advance

here are some links to the rebuild kits on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-HONDA-ACURA-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-ENGINE-REBUILD-KIT-B18C5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4ceb2b3508QQitemZ330362991880QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/b18-b18a-B18C1-B18C5-v-tec-vtec-gsr-type-R-rebuild-kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem334f1978b7QQitemZ220370401463QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Spody02

Name: Cody
the first one doesnt look bad, never heard of that brand of gaskets but OEM gaskets for a full kit is 300ish, you can find new water pump and oil pump pretty cheap on f/s threads and if your gonna replace those pistons might as well get some aftermarket ones and bump up that comp. a little

do it right or do it twice lol

the first one doesnt look bad, never heard of that brand of gaskets but OEM gaskets for a full kit is 300ish, you can find new water pump and oil pump pretty cheap on f/s threads and if your gonna replace those pistons might as well get some aftermarket ones and bump up that comp. a little

Or some OEM ITR or CTR.

TaintedDC2

Tainted

what kind of pistons would you suggest? thanks

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
get it, put it in. run it for a year, and let me know how it works... cause that's not a bad price. lol

TaintedDC2

Tainted
trying to decide on pistons

really wanted a stock rebuild with type r pistons

but alot of people are suggesting high cr pistons

so giving it some though... any suggestions would help guys

thanks!

kinda new to everything so just taking everything in right now.

any help is greatly appreciated

Spody02

Name: Cody
keep in mind, depending on how high of cr you go, you will have to start upgrading other things and need tuning

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
how much money are you willing to spend is really the next question....

I mean, since you're in the bottom end already, I'd grab some ARP stuff and make sure everything is to spec... depending what you want to do with the car, then decide if you want/need to get stronger rods, if you want higher compression, how much higher compression, head work, port work, if you want to spend the money on cams, if you have the money for top end parts... Man, before you even come close to tearing apart your motor, you really need to know what you want to do with that car.

TaintedDC2

Tainted
how much money are you willing to spend is really the next question....

I mean, since you're in the bottom end already, I'd grab some ARP stuff and make sure everything is to spec... depending what you want to do with the car, then decide if you want/need to get stronger rods, if you want higher compression, how much higher compression, head work, port work, if you want to spend the money on cams, if you have the money for top end parts... Man, before you even come close to tearing apart your motor, you really need to know what you want to do with that car.

i've decided to go with just a rebuild

oem type r shafts and b18c5 pistons

and full bolt ons.

thanks for everybody's help.

mirrorimg

i've decided to go with just a rebuild

oem type r shafts and b18c5 pistons

and full bolt ons.

thanks for everybody's help.
If you are in the block already, and getting it honed, I throw down a little more money to bore it out a couple MM and get some RS Machine type r pistons for it in the matching bore. I went 82mm, but If I could do it over again, I would probably go to 84mm.

A sponsor here sells them for a very good price. I think I paid 180 on ebay for them (they come with rings)