Gsr turbo build

TheMystery_96gs

Hey everyone I'm new here so be easy on me I'm looking to build up my 96 gsr the car was treated like a newborn and it stayed stock it has 292,000 miles now and it well deserves a rebuild and I think I wanna have alil fun with it I'm looking for 250-300 hp on a turbo set up on a budget but I'll spend money where it really is due I want it to be reliable and quick so parts suggestions, steps to take down to the last screw would be great but any help is appreciated that's all I ask so if anybody out there with a lil experience or know how has there 2 cents I'd be happy to hear. Thanks ~TheMystery_96gs

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

renarudo

Welcome to CI. I would prepare yourself with a flame suit for asking that a broad topic question such as boost on here. There's plenty of articles on here about boosting your teg. Muckman is one the best people on here to inquire about going that path. Start with a compression test and go there. Minimum your looking at $5k for a reliable build w/o rebuilding your motor IMO. That's a kit and parts + labor if you don't do it yourself; but with a tune from a reputable tuner. You definitely need a tune otherwise your car will run crappy.

http://www.turbokits.com/Acura/Integra/Turbo_Kits/GoAUTO_Street_Integra_Turbo_Kit/2013/

That's a place to start. Looks like it has most of the components you will need to start your build. Best on luck on the build.

Noneed2Hate

Just make sure before you even start that your car is mechanically sound etc.

No point in the getting the turbo when your suspension could take a massive shit on you and you are all out of $$$ to fix it because turbo.

Renarudo - we should get coffee sometime, you fellow San Diegan you :D

TheMystery_96gs

Yea I plan on rebuilding this month

TheMystery_96gs

Without a doubt I'm not to sure on the price right now tho but that's a must I'm just wondering what you guys would recommend build wise sleeves or no not really that much power I'm looking for sooo

Muckman

Not a M0derator
No sleeves needed for that power level. If you think you may possibly want more power in the future consider this http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com. Its a middle step between stock and resleeving.

However if the engine is in good health there is really no reason why you cant make 250-300hp on a stock GSR engine safely. Does the engine consume oil? Do a compression test as advised.

You open a big can of worms if you rebuild it. I would avoid it unless necessary.

TheMystery_96gs

No sleeves needed for that power level. If you think you may possibly want more power in the future consider this http://www.cylindersupportsystem.com. Its a middle step between stock and resleeving.

However if the engine is in good health there is really no reason why you cant make 250-300hp on a stock GSR engine safely. Does the engine consume oil? Do a compression test as advised.

You open a big can of worms if you rebuild it. I would avoid it unless necessary.
What exactly do you mean, is there something to look out for when rebuilding or? As for the other question you ask yes it does burn oil and when at wot you'd think I was burning tires lol but I'd expect thus from a motor with almost 300,000 miles

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Then it needs to be rebuilt. Better find a reputable shop that has experience with building Hondas.

TheMystery_96gs

I'll see I been looking but I don't see any specializing in honda I might have to search further but thanks for the input guys