GSR Vs GSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick4588

Integra God
so next friday im supposed to race this guy. i know he has higher compression internals and a few bolts on; he made 166whp and ran a 13.9 @100mph on street tires. i think he has a b16 trans, but not sure. most of you know my mods, but here's a list:
b16 bottom end
built gsr head (p&p, valve job, supertech everything)
01 Itr cams
skunk2 gears
victor x IM
65mm Tb
Aem intake
blox velocity stack
hytech replica header
full 2.5 exhaust
stage 5 clutch
solid motor mounts
traction bars
slicks
omni coilovers

my car weighs 2465lbs with my subs out, but that was with the turbo kit, so its probably slightly lighter now as well. his car is heavier and he has full ac/ power steering, heat, backseats, etc. i think ill get him. i told him i wouldnt turn the gas on (75 wet shot) so what do you guys think? im going to run tomorrow to get some seat time with an n/a car and the new setup. i think ill get him though. the gsr head on the b16 bottom end should give me around 10.8:1 compression. i have a full week to put a good tune on the car, so i should be ready to go.

genesis

tougê hêrmit
im willing to bet your putting down alot more than 166 to the wheels, ill put my money on you.

TypeR?

what chassis did he make 166whp and run 13.9s, in a gutted hatch? im making 172whp and 120ftlbs in a full bodied 95 gsr and im finding it tough to get into the mid 14's on street tires.

Last edited:

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
what chassis did he make 166whp and run 13.9s, in a gutted hatch? im making 172whp and 120ftlbs in a full bodied 95 gsr and im finding it tough to get into the mid 14's on street tires.
I was thinking the same thing. How the hell could a full weight GSR run a 13.9 with 166whp. A B16 tranny wouldn't make that much difference. I have a 183whp/133wtq GSR, I gutted it and only hit 14.6's on street tires with a 60' times averaging 2.30.

patrick4588

Integra God
his street tires could be DOT drag radials... im not sure. we are down here in GA which is right at sea level so im not sure if thats affecting it. i have cut a 2.09 60' on Azenis before so work on your launching. preloading makes a humonguous difference. i was dumping at 5500 on street tires and hooking up

Last edited:

TeggyBear_Ls

90 EF LS/V 95 DC4
I think it'll be good, but you should take him. BTW, how the hell did a 166whp Teg run a 13.9? maybe 14.9 is more realistic. My Jetta has 160-170whp and it runs mid-high 14's. Jetta's with only 20-30 more HP runs low 13's almost 12.9's.... One guy ran a 13.09.... I wish I could launch @ 5500 and hook up. If I launch anywhere higher than 2500 rpm's I roast the tires. :lol:

Anyway, are you going to use slicks/drag radials? By your mods, it looks like you'd have incredibal launching ability.

TypeR?

his street tires could be DOT drag radials... im not sure. we are down here in GA which is right at sea level so im not sure if thats affecting it. i have cut a 2.09 60' on Azenis before so work on your launching. preloading makes a humonguous difference. i was dumping at 5500 on street tires and hooking up
i do preload my axels and my 2 step is set at 5400, my best 60' on street tires is 2.24 and i ran a 14.9 at 95mph that pass. im not calling you a liar but maybe he is about his whp claims.

i live in texas btw and i dont think the sea level has that big of an effect.

patrick4588

Integra God
i dunno about his whp; thats just what he says. a lot of ppl saw him run the 13.9 so i know thats true. what suspension and tires are you running? i mean i didnt spin hardly at all dumping at 5500 when i preloaded; it just chirped and went. i ran a 14.9 with only an intake and stock ecu in my gsr : / i have slicks for this race btw

patrick4588

Integra God
every1 on my local forum is talking like this dudes car is ridiculous fast. its only 100mph trap, i just dont get it. i am getting a week to get it dialed in and tuned so hopefully i can get some good runs tomorrow

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Drag radials aern't street tires, they're drag radials. If your not sure then why say street tires? I'm not trying to start a pissing contest by posting my track times, just trying to make a point that 166whp + full weight GSR = 13.9@100 mph doesn't compute, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm sorry my 2.25 60' on $50 all season tires and zero launch training doesn't impress you.
Why are we bench racing anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.