gsr vtec

mentallytwisted

im rebuilding a gsr vtech enigine head but dont know what to do exactly to make sure my car wont mess up..what parts should mainly b conserned about getting and what should i do

96LSteg

Jemel
what kind of block is this head going on? Cant point you in the right direction without that information...and its VTEC...VTECH is a phone lol

fowler.j.12

Defintly need a list of parts or at least a direction with block. If nothing else replace the valve seals and just clean it up. GSR's are known for bad valve seals.

lastfirstonly

Unregistered User
Valves, Valve Springs, Valve Retainers, Cams, Cam Retainers, Cam Seals, Distributor, Timing Belt, Intake and Exhaust Manifold Gaskets.

96LSteg

Jemel
and you still need to know what block because if its for an LSV then he needs and LSV conversion kit, head studs, and other things...

mentallytwisted

It's going on a b18b1 if that's what u mean...I'll post pictures of my engine later on today if u wanna take a look..I got a guy that's helps me put together the stuff but he's useless at this point..I ask him one thing and he don't know what I'm taking about

98gsrDc2

stolen....
It's going on a b18b1 if that's what u mean...I'll post pictures of my engine later on today if u wanna take a look..I got a guy that's helps me put together the stuff but he's useless at this point..I ask him one thing and he don't know what I'm taking about
Sounds like someone I wouldn't want building my motor....

fowler.j.12

Sounds like someone I wouldn't want building my motor....
Correct. If he's a motor guy but doesn't know Honda motors that's a different story. But you are going to need a vtec conversion kit since you are putting on an LS block. Is everything stock in the block? Not any huge build plans? I would just do valve seals and lap the valves. That should be fine for stock LSV.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Its not just about parts. Old used heads can use some machine work. New guides, valve seals, valve job and mill the surface.