GSR w/ITR internals Questions

jbrown97ls

So my neighbor down the road is unfortunately having some money problems, so he is selling his Gsr with Type R internals. He asked me if I would be interested in buying it for $800. The head is at the machine shop getting the valve-guides redone, so I haven't seen that yet, but the bottom end is good and he should get a hold of me soon.

I was planning to get a Gsr and building it for turbo, but this is seems good of a deal to pass up. My question is, should I bore and hone it to 81.5 and get a lower compression piston before boosting and just sell the ITR stuff? or should I just build it up and get a thicker head gasket and boost it?

Can anyone chime in on what would be a better idea for a "reliable" 350whp? I'm not really on a budget, but I would like to keep it around the 6-7k mark or less if possible. I just need some help in what direction to go with this now.

thanks in advance!

The ITR internals have a higher compression ratio but can still be boosted, but the tune must be spot on. I would keep the motor like it is and go N/A. If you want to boost it, go lower compression.

rwlsvtec_03

or just get meth injection and boost it. People out there boosting type-r's all day but like broken talon said the tune must be spot on but if you're taking it to somebody who know's how to tune, it won't be a problem regardless of meth.

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
Lemme get that block so I can keep my Integra haha

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
are there any issues with the clearance on those? i read some where that some people have clearance issues but i also read that some people don't.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
With what? The rod fitting the piston? That depends on the PR3 or P30 piston. as for piston to valve clearence i assume you should clay it as it will stick up quite a bit mine stick up a tad over the deck

ProjectDC2

i say go boosted GSR with the $ you get from itr parts.. but on the other hand N/A itr is hard to pass up ...Boost Gets You Laid!