Guns In Your Car

Where do you guys keep your guns in your cars when you're out driving? Do you just slide it in between the seats, put it in the glovebox, or do you have a holster mounted somewhere easily accessible?

Obviously this is aimed at those of us that carry when we go out. If you're going to start some anti-gun talk, kindly piss off. You wont somehow convince me to give up or stop carrying my guns.

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Not sure what your laws are like, but in my state you cannot have a ready-to-fire weapon in your vehicle. It must be out of driver's reach and the mag and ammo must be in a separate compartment. When I go to the range with my friend we keep the rifles in the trunk and put the mags and ammo in a surplus ammo box.

drevans_satx

Dylan
In Texas I think the weapon has to be 3 motions from ready to fire.

So:
Gun in glovebox
Ammo behind pass. seat
Magazine behind driver seat.

Grab mag, load ammo, load weapon, fire. Or if you carry a concealed weapon permit you can carry on your person.

Swerve

Shawn
Its commiefornia soo.... Locked ina box that has only the weapon no ammo... But when im 21 im applying for a ccw permit.

Damn guys, that sucks for many of you. I carry with one in the tube one action away from firing. I generally have it in the door cubby or between the seat and the e brake. I carry it the same way as above too. CC ftw.

Swerve

Shawn
Damn guys, that sucks for many of you. I carry with one in the tube one action away from firing. I generally have it in the door cubby or between the seat and the e brake. I carry it the same way as above too. CC ftw.
How did you get a cc permit? Like for your job or what?

How did you get a cc permit? Like for your job or what?
Did the NRA safety class, then did the paperwork, applied at the county courthouse, got fingerprinted for background check, paid my $50. A few weeks later in came in the mail. Side note:after the background check is done by the State Police, the fingerprint card is destroyed. Also, being 21 or over is a requirement.
Virginia is still a gun rights state thankfully, though for how much longer remains to be seen. It's gonna pain me not to be able to carry daily or to have to get rid of my 30 round mags if things change.

dlo253

Gotta love wa. With a cpl, the pistol must be on you while in the car. Keep the 40 on my hip with one in the hole, safety is one fluid motion and she's ready to go.

96LSteg

Jemel
Gotta love wa. With a cpl, the pistol must be on you while in the car. Keep the 40 on my hip with one in the hole, safety is one fluid motion and she's ready to go.
Same here. I keep my .40 cal in the center console when I'm in my other car though. I always have one in the head ready.

Jeffbel

I keep my .380 holstered and clipped up under the steering column. In Utah you have to have two actions before firing, so slide, safety, fire. If I get pulled over, toss it in the center console a lock it. I'm only 18 and can open carry. I hate it because I look 15 so I don't open carry

dlo253

Gotta love open carry states....

Wonder what the deal will be when ext mags get banned, I'd rather not have to swap mine out or get hit with some sort of fee to own it or some bullshit......